1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung PS42D4SX any info?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Woolybully, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Woolybully

Woolybully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Does anybody have any info on the above plasma T.V,do you own one,if so what are your thoughts on it ? I've just ordered one,should have it in a week or two so hope it's a good un. :rolleyes:

2. Hentaiboy

Hentaiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Woolybully, did you end up getting one of these? I'm interested in your findings.

3. Woolybully

Woolybully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Hentaiboy,Yes I did end up getting one,I've had it about a month now.
    To be honest I wasn't too impressed with it at first,mainly due to the "banding" effect which was apparent on most programmes. Then someone on here told me to switch off the DNIe (a form of digital processing)this improved things a lot and since then the panel seems to have "settled" and now I'm happy with it.It has a great contrast/brightness range with deep blacks,the colours are solid and the sound is very good.
    I've just ordered a DVI cable and will soon be connecting my p.c to it,I should then be able to raise the resolution and it should look even better (DVD's look great by the way) .....So all in all not a bad plasma for the money.