1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Ps42d4s

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by PSH16, Mar 17, 2005.

1. PSH16

PSH16
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this isnt a very good plasma but due to having a contact at Samsung and them letting me have it for a good price then who was I to look a gift horse in the mouth?

Basically, I want to get the best out of this I can but try not to spend too much money.

I want to use a Sky Box, PS2 and DVD/VCR combi with it...At present I have all the normal standard leads, mostly linked up using very standard scarts.

All i want to know is what would the best way be to link this lot up, and which leads should i use to optimise the quality of the picture?

I am a very inexperienced with things like this so please talk to me as if I am a child!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. JohnCCFC

JohnCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have one too. A starting point would be to get better cables. £20-30 should be sufficient (Thor seem ok - tvcables.co.uk are cheapest - richer sounds sell them and also £20 ones). If DVD player has Component (Reg/Green/Blue sockets, should be coloured) use that, else presumably Scart. If you have Sky+, use Scart (make your it's the correct Scart socket OUT of Sky box - top one I think), and is set up as 'RGB' in sky menu). If it's nonSky+ I think you may have to use s-video (not sure). PS2? I believe (you must check) that it can use component so if your DVD doesn't, go that way. I have PS2 S-video and Scart but Scart is better. Your plasma has enough sockets for all I've described except for the possiblity that you are forced to use Scarts for each (3 in total - your panel only has two). You must then get a splitter box (maplins - cheap and cheerful for a £10-20). Choose whichever you watch the most often as the one not going though the splitter but direct to tv.

What I've described to you is a baseline on a budget. There are more expensive options available to you in the form of gadgets/boxes. You may be gutted to hear that the general opinion seems to be that the vast majority of the 'sensibly priced' gadgets are of very little use to you.

3. PSH16

PSH16
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will like into it today and take it from there!