Samsung PS42c91hx - Full of problems I'd like to know if they are possible to fix

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by 2good4you, Jun 8, 2009.

1. 2good4you

2good4you
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, this is my first post but not the first time I've been here a few times, though I only registered today. The main reason for registering is because after lookin through the internet and here I've not been able to get a solution or an answer to my Plasma problems. Some time ago, when I didn't know a thing about Plasma and lcd I bought a Samsung Plasma (now i know it was a BIG mistake) and iin the begining everything was perfect. After some time it started to have white come and go spots on the black area and suddenly all the image would turn black and after a few seconds it would come back totaly or partially (in one of the corners would appear a big black square). It went to repair and when it came back after two or three weeks the same started to happen again, but not as often as the first time. I demanded the repair under warranty two months ago and yet nothing, and started to repair a few things:

1. In 1080i the problems are far less common
    2. Suddenly I have a ghost in scart channels
    3. No more black squares, just the come and go image
    4. Before the ghost, any non hd equipment had such an horrible image that I don't think it would be natural (tried to configure the colors and so on but didn't help)

Now that I've said the problems here comes the questions section:

1. Can't I demand a new Plasma as repairing it once sure seems like didn't help much.
    2. May this be actually configuration problems and I suck at it?
    3. What can I do that won't void the warranty and make the situation a little better till samsung pick it up?
    4. Any more sugestion on how to handle the situation?

Thanks in advance for helping me and sorry for any mistake I might have made. Don't know if this might help because of warranty stuff but I'm from Portugal.

Edit: Model - Samsung PS42c91hx (it shouldn't have the -)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. Richdog

Richdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just call them and get it swapped... you paid mone and it doesn't perform. If I were you i'd push for a refund and get a Panny. :)

3. 2good4you

2good4you
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would be good if they let me do that, but I seriously doubt.