Samsung PS42C7HDX ?

General Panic

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

A bit of advice for my brother if possible. His situation is he bought from Currys a Panny 37" Plasma a few weeks ago for £1100 (managers special). Turns out the left hand speaker is faulty and problems obtaining the part required have prompted Currys into to offering an exchange to the value.

The newer Panny 37 is a lot more expensive and he's been recomended instore the Samsung PS42C7HDX at £1499 , more expensive but 42" instead of 37".

Any Samsung owners out there recomend this set or maybe another? He's kinda stuck with Currys though he's not pushed for a refund and is sticking with store credit just now.

His upper limit is £1499 but he would rather spend less but is most impressed by the Panny's picture quality so doesn't want to compromise on that.
X-box 360 hooked up to component just now with an upscaleing dvd player in the HDMI slot so both those inputs required. He has an external freeview/HD unit so built in freeview not essential.

Any advice/words of wisdom appreciated.

I got one last week, nice looking set. Although I'm still trying to find the best picture settings.

Pleased so far, I can't fault it. HD image is amazing.

Thanks for the reply K-tric.

Connection wise does the set by chance have 2 HDMI connections or just the one as well as the Component connection.?

Not had a chance to view the screen myself yet , hopefully this evening after work. At this kind of money i'm assueming the quality should be very good as i've found a few other 42" sets for the £1100-1200 mark.

General Panic said:
Connection wise does the set by chance have 2 HDMI connections or just the one as well as the Component connection.?

QUOTE]

Just the one HDMI socket, a set of component sockets, 2 Scart, a VGA and the other usual crap that you find on the back of a tv.

One thing i did find handy is that it has svideo and composite sockets hidden on one side of the cabinet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom