Samsung PS42C7HDX - DTV (Freeview) Issue

chut

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

I've recently taken delivery of a new Samsung PS42C7HDX but am having a strange issue with the DTV/Freeview function.

When I first installed the TV the DTV mode wouldn't work, It kept giving me a 'No Signal' error and the DMenu button would not work. The screen would refresh but the Digital menu wouldn't load.

I went out for a bit and came back a few hours later and tried it again, this time it worked fine. Did a scan and picked up about 90 channels, all with great quiality. (I'm using a good quality aerial with booster that can definatley pick up freeview)

Since then, when I've switched the tv on in the mornings I get the no signal indicator on DTV and no access to the Dmenu again. When coming home from work it's fine! This has happened two days in a row now and its got me confused.

There are people at home during the day so i'm not sure if they have tried anything different, but definatley when first switching the tv on and during the morning i definatley don't get a DTV signal . In the evenings (or possibly when the tv has warmed up a bit) Its fine!

I'm really confused by this, as anyone heard of this before or can anyone help?

Cheers. Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom