• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung PS42B451B vs LG 42LH2000

ecles030

Standard Member
Which one would it be? Tired of reading the whole LCD vs Plasma debate. It'll be great to have your pros and cons for each if you can. The LG has better reviews wih the Samsung taking a few hits on the cons but the Samsung has 2,000,000:1 contrast (LG only has 30,000:1) and Samsung has 100hz with LG only giving 50hz.

Does the above matter much? I'm stuck over what to choose...help! TV's have never been a strong point as I've never needed to buy a decent one until now

LG 42" - LCD

Samsung 42" - Plasma

Many thanks in advance!
Mark

ecles030

Standard Member
I have the same dilemma and the Samsung is £499 at moment.

Which one did you go for?

Hi mate,

Went for the Samsung in the end. Have to say it's an amazing TV, picture quality is excellent, although not tired it on a HD source yet, just through aerial.

I'd definitely recommend mate.

ecles030

Standard Member
Sound isn't amazing, but it's not bad either. All depends what you're going to be watching really. Everyday TV is perfect but I'd imagine I'm gonna get a surround sound kit for when I'm watching movies / gaming.

The sound is miles better than the Bush 22" I had anyway!! LOL.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom