Samsung PS42A457 - any info on this?

oxymoron08

Novice Member
Hi,

Looking for some info on this Tv but cant find an offical thread here or anything on the samsung site.

Is it any good?

oxymoron08

Novice Member
Anyone?

I'm assuming know one has it. When I get it weds I'll play around with settings, take some pics and try post a mini review, if anyone is interested :)

Suave

Distinguished Member
Anyone?

I'm assuming know one has it. When I get it weds I'll play around with settings, take some pics and try post a mini review, if anyone is interested :)
Hi!

Yes please - as detailed as possible - especially interested in the black levels, SD pic quality, comments on PIP function and what image quality with a PC/Apple!

Thanks!

Suave!

oxymoron08

Novice Member
Should be able to do that, I had two 37PX80's that was faulty so I should be in a good position to compare the two.

I'll have something up on Saturday!

Glad someone is interested :clap:

anthony1973

I did a side by side with a 50PX70 and the 50A457 yesterday in Currys using freeview. I thought the Panny had a softer picture than the Sammy. However, I thought the contrast on the Sammy was far better than the Panny. Didn't look at the 42 but can't help but wonder if this is the TV where Sammy finally catches up with Panny.

R

RustyG

well I have been snapping my 37PX80 before it goes back to JL. so watch this space!!! :)[/QUOHi, I've just got 1, a 42. Just getting to grips with it, the HD picture is awesome straight out of the box but the footy is shocking. I'd really appreciate some settings posting:lease:

oxymoron08

Novice Member
well I have been snapping my 37PX80 before it goes back to JL. so watch this space!!! :)[/QUOHi, I've just got 1, a 42. Just getting to grips with it, the HD picture is awesome straight out of the box but the footy is shocking. I'd really appreciate some settings posting:lease:
Settings I used are from here dude:

http://www.*/Panasonic-TH42PX80/Settings

I only have setanta and picture is ok, the problerm is setanta broadcast the footy at such a crappy bitrate theres not much you can do. The BBC's MOTD is 10x better and is a crisp picture.

Anyway use those settings, helped with SD, DVD & blu-ray.

TerraHawk

Novice Member
hello

oxy i have this set (A456) i'll give you the settings im using when i get home if you want. i'm at work right now.

if theres anything else you want to know bout the set just ask. my opinion this set is not as good as the ps42q96hd i had before, theres less options in the menu, the service menu is bare and you cant access the advanced menu, pic quality on SD is very bad compared to the q96.

plus theres no pic in pic option or movie plus option. the only HD content ive watch so far is spidy man3 on the ps3 witch look great and the pc hooked up with the dvi - hdmi cable looks class, i love colin mcrae dirt on it and assassins creed look class aswell.

and im not convinced about it running in 100hz either i think its only does 100hz in sports mode but im not 100% sure, maybe it needs a firmware update but i dont know how.

:smashin:

oxymoron08

Novice Member
Well got my 42A457 delivered today and got it all wall mounted today. I think my A457 is as good on freeview as my 37PX80 was.

Im really impressed so far I have used these settings:

Code:
HDMI input settings:

Mode: Movie
Contrast: 64 (58 for dark room/low light settings)
Brightness: 36
Color: 48
Tint: G 54/46 R
Sharpness: 0
Color Temp: Warm2
DNR: OFF
DNIE: OFF
Dynamic contrast: OFF
Black level: OFF
Edge enhancement: OFF
HDMI black level: LOW (IRE 0)
Tested a bit of blu-ray on my ps3 this afternoon, exceptional picture running at a downscaled 1080p/24

Im gonna watch the UEFA Cup final and see if it blurs.

If you could post your settings that would be great.

I'm going to start an official thread about this TV on saturday with pictures, if anyones interested.

Mensy

Distinguished Member
Could you post the link when u start the new thread please im onto my second ps42a456 now, need settings and stuff please if anyone can help :)

Could you post the link when u start the new thread please im onto my second ps42a456 now, need settings and stuff please if anyone can help :)
Hello yes i too would like this linky as i now own this tv :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom