Samsung PS42A456P Do I buy

Cliff1010

Standard Member
Hi can anyone help I posted a query earlier asking what was bast LCd or Plasma, but since then went along to Currys , Commet and PC world. I was very impressed with the Samsung Plasma. In commet it was £599 and now coming home and looking on the web have found the above model PS42A456P model at Dixons £488 . I want to add the surround package
Samsung PS42A456P 42" Plasma TV - Cheap Samsung LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, HD Ready TVs

and have read the 100 odd reviews but have a few questions. I would like to listen to the TV with surround but the reviews say you need a extra optical cable ?
do they mean a HDMI ? I also want to play my PS3
on the TV I have seen posts saying not advisable can you tell me why. I do not leave it on pause or do more than 3 hours at a time on a game. Is LCd better for this ?
Also some posts say you can have the rear speakers as wireless, but you need a extra bit ? in one post the person said they attached a SWA4000 whats that could not find anything on it.

Sorry loads of questions I hope someone can help.

Cliff

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom