• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SAMSUNG PS-50Q96HD sound problem?

ayubars

Standard Member
Hi Guys,
i heard this product has sound problems? Has anyone encountered them? I heard if you put the volume high, the sound can be a little distorted? Not too sure? Has anyone had this problem? I have a sony 44" projector and so far this has been the best TV for sound so far.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Only problem regarding the sound is occasional dropouts when using on board freeview,I believe this has been cured with a firware upgrade which can be done over the air.

As far as the general quality of sound is concerned the tv is poor,but not significantly worse than most large screen tv's.The set has an incredibly good picture for the money sd and especially hd pictures.

I always route my sound through my av system anyway so the onboard sound does not bother me.I can't see much reason for buying a 50" tv and then listening to the puny onboard speakers.:)

Only problem regarding the sound is occasional dropouts when using on board freeview,I believe this has been cured with a firware upgrade which can be done over the air.

As far as the general quality of sound is concerned the tv is poor,but not significantly worse than most large screen tv's.The set has an incredibly good picture for the money sd and especially hd pictures.

I always route my sound through my av system anyway so the onboard sound does not bother me.I can't see much reason for buying a 50" tv and then listening to the puny onboard speakers.:)
Ill second that...The onboard speakers are poor to say the least.

ayubars

Standard Member
Thanks for you replies guys.
So can i still use the onboard sound? I just don't want to go about buying more things and cluttering the living room. Can the onboard sound be acceptable for SKY plus and normal DVD movies? And also when i hook up the laptop?
many thanks

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Depends what you call acceptable,to me no,but I like good quality sound.

Only you can tell if its any good for you.Take a trip up your local currys/comet today if I were you and have a quick listen to satisfy yourself.

ayubars

Standard Member
Depends what you call acceptable,to me no,but I like good quality sound.

Only you can tell if its any good for you.Take a trip up your local currys/comet today if I were you and have a quick listen to satisfy yourself.

YEs,
thanks i think i will do that. The TV is set for delivery on Sunday so if im not too impressed then i should still be able to cancel.
thanks a million.:)

Thanks for you replies guys.
So can i still use the onboard sound? I just don't want to go about buying more things and cluttering the living room. Can the onboard sound be acceptable for SKY plus and normal DVD movies? And also when i hook up the laptop?
many thanks
Its ok for the soaps etc when the misses is watching it but you should really think about buying a av amp or an all in the box setup to really enjoy your big screen :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom