Samsung PS-42Q97HD settings

simz

Banned
Hi

I've just got my new Samsung PS-42Q97HD and its a great TV the price:D

Anyhow, has anyone got some good settings for the picture to get the best from it?

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
I never understand the logic in using someone elses settings. For one they may be viewing in a brightly lit room and you may sit in the dark. They maybe watching SKY and have also adjusted the contrast on the SKY box and you maybe looking at inbuilt freeview?

simz

Banned
Im uisng Sky_hd to view things and plus i have a blu-ray nad HD-DVD decks

Pudgerboy

Standard Member
Hi Simz,

What Andy was trying to say was that there are other factors to viewing than just what hardware you are connected to. Not including the variety of differences between the outputs of your kit, The ambient light in your viewing area is different to someone else's so their settings may well not be the 'best' for your setup. It's also kind of subjective too - i work in the CG animation industry, and i like more contrasty, colorful images, but my Dad who is a retired engineer thinks my color saturation is way too high!
best thing is to test with a variety of sources, (not just a Finding Nemo DVD!) and see what you like best. :thumbsup:

bulletmagnet

just recived mine aswell today, well impressed and even more impressed with the price and service recived from beyond television

simz

Banned
Thanks guys, i should off made myself my clear, i was just after some settings until i get my HD-DVD calibration DVD. but anyway thanks

Br mark

Ps does anyone know what channel this test picture is on, on SKY-HD?

mooperman

Distinguished Member
the search is thy friend, there is already a huge settings thread on here for this TV.... :smashin:

simz

Banned
the search is thy friend, there is already a huge settings thread on here for this TV.... :smashin:

Mate i did search, i searched twice but could not find anything

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom