Quantcast

Samsung PS-42P2S Vs Panasonic TH42PW5B

boogie man

Standard Member
just came for my local dealer (Audio-T) ,hook up my dvd player (Sony DVP S7700) to the new Samsung PS-42P2S they just got out the box First impressions wow nice, then we play with the setting to get the picture just right , We just could not get the picture just right but not bad though .then i look at the Panasonic TH42PW5B they had hook up in one of the demo room's picture was far better blacks were black picture alot more sharper or was that just me, what do you think of them.

Which one would you go for

Samsung PS-42P2S £2700

Panasonic TH42PW5B £3500

boogie man

DodgeTheViper

Originally posted by boogie man
just came for my local dealer (Audio-T) ,hook up my dvd player (Sony DVP S7700) to the new Samsung PS-42P2S they just got out the box First impressions wow nice, then we play with the setting to get the picture just right , We just could not get the picture just right but not bad though .then i look at the Panasonic TH42PW5B they had hook up in one of hte demo room's picture was far better blacks were black picture alot more sharper or was that just me, what do you think of them.
Nice writing................................:D

boogie man

Standard Member

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
boogie man

Trust your eyes or save a few hundred quid and get a lesser product!

Joe

PS Maybe Mozzer will offer to edit your posts - just in case you offend his superior control of the English language :)

delta

Banned
This is very much a case of getting what you pay for. The Samsung is excellent value for money but so is the Panasonic. The Panny takes some beating though and if you are likely to be a long term user then go for it.