1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung PS-42P2S setup at last!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by chrisconnew, Dec 23, 2002.

1. chrisconnew

chrisconnew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Final;ly have my Samsung 42" (from Richer Sounds) off the polystyrene packing mounts and onto a proper wall mount - home made aluminium/steel combo of wall bracket and mounting bush - dead cost effective too :)

thought i should put up a quick pic and let people know what i think of the setup - very very pleased :D

[​IMG]

Only really a temporary setup until i get sorted after christmas - but since i'm using a wireless video sender i can watch the tivo content and sky digital feed, and if someone wants to watch a dvd or play on a console the tivo can be watched back on the original Sony 29" that the plasma is replacing.

As i say - very pleased with the setupm which to be fair is more at the budget end of the plasma + dolby digital spectrum - but this is only a first venture into homecinema so onwards and upwards.

On another day i'll get sorted with details of the equipment and the wall mount etc but this is just a quickie i'm finally getting round to putting online.

Any comments or queries about the Samsung (model without tuner box and speakers) feel free to ask - i know i had a lot of questions before deciding what to go for.

By the way - how do you insert a picture into the post - all i have above is a link to the picture - forum experts i am waiting to hear :

Chris

2. DaveCheltenham

DaveCheltenham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Well done chrisconnew. It looks great.

3. Masha

Masha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,

Just been pointed to these forums, been looking at the Samsung on Richer Sounds for the last few days and have noticed the price has now dropped to 2199.99!!! I was wondering if I should grab this right now or wait a few weeks to see what post Xmas bargains bring.

I was also wondering if you can use the picture in picture to operate a PC and AV input simulatnously.

4. chrisconnew

chrisconnew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    masha - yes you can have picture in picture whilst using the pc - it's not as flexible as the picture in picture that is availabel whilst using say two of the av inputs - but it is still semi useful (which is how i think of PiP personally anyway)

If you want i can check what the options available are - to be honest i just can't remember the details for when you are using the VGA input. When you use the AV PiP you can display Side by Side, large window, and small window (both take up less than 1/4 of the screen) and can be positioned in either top left or right, or bottom left or right - all controlled from the panel at the top of the remotem which flips up.

Bit of a sod about the price reduction - i bought mine on the 7th, and returned to pickup my speakers on the 14th, but unfortunately i'm out of the 14day no quibble money back period else i'd probably be able to get the £100 back.

Even so - at £2300 it's a really good price for a very capable screen.

Chris

5. Howard 3

Howard 3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi C. Am seriously thinking of the Samsung. How does it look and what do you think the life of it is. Any problems? Merry Xmas, please reply.

6. kenny.c

kenny.c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I to have been lookin at the samsung in view to buying one! Ive also looked at the LG at a similar price! But i think the samsung is a better picture! How many other screens did you look at before going for the Samsung??

7. jpfrost

jpfrost
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris,

Can you tell us how you connected it up?

I have a DVD,NTL and VCR all with scart outputs.

What is the best way to connect?

Thanks,

8. mav1979

mav1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris, do you have any idea where i can get a replacement Tuner box, for this Samsung model? Or could you tell me how you setup without the tuner box? I have the same model TV with no tuner box and have no idea where to start setting up without tuner box! Any help would be gratefully received.

Pete

9. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The LG panel - that's the PY10, not the PX12, right? It's just that I've seen the PX12 advertised for less than £1800, and they appear to be essentially the same display - althought the PX12 is of a more plain design.