1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung PS-42D5S plasma connection question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by stritiknaf, Oct 6, 2005.

1. stritiknaf

stritiknaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!!!

Finnaly i entered in the plasma owners club :)
    I bought the samsung ps-42d5s, not my first choice but the money only stretched that far, and i must say i'm very happy with the pq and all.

But i have some doubts regarding the connetion of the plasma to my home theater system, and would very much like if anyone could lend me some of your experience in this field (if this thread is in the wrong place i'm sorry for this, and any mod/adm fell free to change it).

I have a dvd-player (kiss dv-450) and an amplifier (nad t-742) for my 5.1 sound system.

What is the best wat to connect this?
    Is it better to connect the dvd to the plasma through a scart port or through s-video?
    And is it better to connect the dvd to the sound system through rca or optical?
    And how to connect the tv to the sound system? Through rca, but do i connect all the 3 rca (video/ audio l/r)

My plasma has the following connection:

Inputs: 2 scart connections, 1 component, 1 s-video, and 1 a/v in (video/audio l/r)

Outputs: a/v out (video/audio l/r)

Well, thank you in advance for all the help, and congratulations to this wonderfull forum, the best for a/v i know.

Again, if this is in the wrong place, i'm very sorry.

2. stritiknaf

stritiknaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One more question.

I have the plasma installed for 2 days, and there's something i'm noticing in the picture.

I see 2 white bars rolling the screen up and down (horizontasl bars).

Is this normal? The bars are barely noticible, but you still can see them....

Is this from the screen protection? Is this going to disappear?

Did this happen to anyone of you when you received your plasma?

Thanks in advance.