samsung probs??

ickeyboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi everybody im new here so please accept my appogises for any mistakes im about to make. I have a samsung lcd tv which i had for 2yrs, it has just started to give me probs. when any kind of text is displayed on the tv ie commercials i can still see it after it has gone off? It is still there for ages like a ghost after i have changed channels even can any of you guys help???:lease:

What model is it?

Sounds like image retention, can happen with LCDs as well as plasma

hi vickster
its a LE40A i thought it was the v+ box but it happens on all channels freeview also. does image retention involve a shopping trip or can it be fixed??

Assuming that is the Samsung LE40A656 model, check the backlight setting is not high. Bring it down to '3', contrast '85', brightness '45'.

If the image retention is still there then your TV panel is suffering from screen burn and requires a possible replacement.

Expensive. Recommend an engineer's visit.

hi alan
thanks for the settings have tryed and it is still there in the background so maybe its time for a trip to the shops?? many thanks

Recommend contacting Samsung and asking their advice. Screen burn should not be an issue with a 2 year old LCD TV. If it was 7 years old then fair enough!

Who knows they might be interested in the fault and repair it. Worth a try? :)

Hi ickeyboy

Any luck with this? Did you contact samsung?

I have started to experience similar image retention problems with an LE32R87BD that is only 2 yrs old... :mad:

Hi Kra
yes I have contacted samsung they did not want to know so i contacted currys to conplain, quoting consumer rights about byeing a product that is fit for purpose for a reasonable amount of time(which is 5yrs for a tv). I then had to get a independent report done by a tv engineer(£25) to say it was image retention and not screen burn. After a few more phone calls I was then told to take it in to store and pick another one upto £450. The missus then picked a 40inch lg which we came home with Hooray.
If I was you I would contact your supplier it worked for me. Good luck ickeyboy:smashin:

Hi ickeyboy
Thanks for the update - I'm glad you got it sorted, it's encouraging but unfortunately I can't find any receipts/confirmation emails for my purchase :suicide:
I've found a post on here for optimum settings that may help reduce the image retention so hopefully that will improve the situation...
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom