Samsung PPM42S3, is it any good???

F

Fids

I can get a Samsung PPM42S3 for a very good price (2200 euros), but i cant find any review out there, does anyone knows if it is any good??

I'm desperate because the promotion ends tomorrow (30/03/2004)

THX.

B

bobbypunk

it's ok for the money but you can really see why it's cheaper but thats the same with all cheaper plasmas. Hitachi C42PD3000 are going out at about the same prices as the samsung (about £300 extra) and is a much better screen IMHO

Shagga

Standard Member
Hi Fids,
I have one (a freebie) and I think pq really depaends on what you are watching. I'm not used to plasmas and I think the picture is ok. Obviously on DVD it is excellent and most Sky Movie channels are great too. I notice a downturn in pq when I watch things like Sky Sports News. I am having mine professionally installed next week with very high grade cables and I have been promised that pq will improve greatly after that is done. I'll let you know how it goes. To summarise I'd say that it's not the best screen out there but for the money you can't complain and you still see compalints and niggles about every other screen on the market. Spose it comes down to budget.

Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom