Samsung PPM42S3, is it any good???

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Fids, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Fids

Fids

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can get a Samsung PPM42S3 for a very good price (2200 euros), but i cant find any review out there, does anyone knows if it is any good??

I'm desperate because the promotion ends tomorrow (30/03/2004)

THX.

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's ok for the money but you can really see why it's cheaper but thats the same with all cheaper plasmas. Hitachi C42PD3000 are going out at about the same prices as the samsung (about £300 extra) and is a much better screen IMHO

3. Shagga

Shagga
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Fids,
    I have one (a freebie) and I think pq really depaends on what you are watching. I'm not used to plasmas and I think the picture is ok. Obviously on DVD it is excellent and most Sky Movie channels are great too. I notice a downturn in pq when I watch things like Sky Sports News. I am having mine professionally installed next week with very high grade cables and I have been promised that pq will improve greatly after that is done. I'll let you know how it goes. To summarise I'd say that it's not the best screen out there but for the money you can't complain and you still see compalints and niggles about every other screen on the market. Spose it comes down to budget.

Good luck.