1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Poor Bass Issue!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DLPGirl, Mar 25, 2005.

1. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a sammy 50L7 set while the sound coming from the speakers is nice and crisp there is a clear lack of bass. :mad: :mad:

I have a sub-out on my DVD panny s97. At the moment connecting via HDMI. Could i simply connect free standing bass unit to it to get better bass when watching films cos i dont want to go for all out sound system.???? :confused: :confused:

Also how to get extra bass when watching normal sky digital?? All i need is some bass the rest is fine?? :lease: :lease: :lease:

2. DLPCurious

DLPCurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sure this set got criticised for having poor sound. If I was you I would invest in an AV receiver and some decent speakers.

3. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just need some bass. Otherwise sound is okay. The room really isnt supposed to be a homecineam type.

Any ideas people :clap: :clap: :clap:

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Try BOSE AM15 II There are very small and are good for cinema and music.

5. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The graphic equalizer has no mention of bass. Its just a load of numbers!!!!

Has it got a sub out?

6. Trickyricky

Trickyricky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You clearly dont want all the av gear. The perfect sub for you would be the award winning rel quake. This sub is self powered and you just connect it round the back of your tv and believe me when i say you wont believe the bass from this little box which is about 14ichs square. They used to retail at about 450 but reakon you can get one for about 250 now....But look around, there are plenty to choose from, this is just an example. Hope this helps.

7. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Have been playing with the service menu over the last few days. What have I found?

1. You can turn the base up
    2. You can turn the lamp brightness up or intensity of the lamp up.
    3. You can turn the contrast and or brightness and sharpness up or down, including the sharpness filters.

Try the menu. When the tv is off press INFO then MENU then MUTE then POWER and it will start with the menu. When finished re-setting your tv, just turn it off and on.

Have fun.

maree

8. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

OH god soo many settings could you suggest the ones that actually made a visible difference? I donot want to end up messing somethingh up!!!!

Thnaks

9. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rolleyes:

Where to plug it no sub out!!!!

10. g_unit

g_unit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DLPGirl how much bass are you expecting from the puny speakers on the side of the TV? On the EQ menu turn up the two left most bars for bass, the right hand bars are treble and vocal ranges. Try turning the right three down a little and the left two up a little. Leave the sound on stereo as opposed to SRS and you should get decent sound out. Apart from that buy an amp and some good speakers as I dont think the TV speakers (as is the case with most TV's) are up to much.

If you think this is bad, my Sony 50" LCD RP sound was even worse than this! First sign of bass and the sound would go all fuzzy and crap!!!!

11. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498