Samsung Plasma PN60E6500- Random turns on and off

Leeboy20

Hey gang , after 8 years , my tv randomly started to turn on and off. For a while it was once every 5-6 months, then it crept up a little more and more to finally this month , it doing it daily . But the odd day , would run all night . When it did turn off , it would cycle on/off 3 times then stay off and flash 2 red lights intermittent. , I’ll also add, when I turned it on , I could hear it power on , but before the picture would pop on , it would make another “ffffftttt” then turn off … and repeat that 3 times, then stop and the red light blink twice . I could unplug it and plug it back in and sometimes it would stay on for a while , other times ….immediately back to the same cycle. I popped the back off but never saw any swollen capacitors or anything looking damaged. I don’t mind spending a few bucks …. But on the other hand , it’s older and might be time to replace. I’ll miss my 3D haha … thanks for any advice .

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom