• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Plasma Just Blew Up! Only 2 Weeks Old! Help!

Spinstorm

I bought a lovely Samsung PS42Q7HD 42" HD Ready Plasma TV With Freeview two weeks ago as a Christmas gift for my parents and what happens to it?

Well today while I was out the TV made a clicking noise and the screen went black.... nothing is on it the displat is dead! As I am sure you will all know if it was a lose connection the screen would go blue and normal TV channels would work but no matter what source or connection I use there is nothing on the screen at all...

I have done a RMA to ebuyer where I bought it and I was wondering if anyone else had something like this happen to them? and if anyone thinks I may get a replacement before Christmas?

Of course if there is someway for me to fix it that I missed please also tell me, but from what I can see its gone permanently!

frund

Gurantee is the word. With a fairley new technology there will be a few that fail. I had to return a LG pvr to comet, the replacement [or money back] is excellent j

Spinstorm

Has anyone else had a new plasma go out like that? with a black - blank even- screen after 2 weeks at most?

How long should plasma's last normally?

chaparral

How long should plasma's last normally?
3 weeks....But you should be able to get 4 to 5 weeks out of a good one..

But for a more serious answer = It's like asking how long is a piece of string..

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom