• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Plasma Fault PS43d450A2

jasonr2000

hi guys ive got a samsung plasma tv and i went to turn it on this morning and it makes the normal click to start and the power light goes out and then its followed by a series of 4 clicks and then the power light flashes 2 times then goes solid red and flashes 2 times again and keeps doing this untill i unplug the tv
and now it wont turn on any ideas what could be causeing it ??
as ive had a look for bad caps and there is none on the tv the only reason why i got to look was because the engineer removed the back of the tv today to check inside and i had a look when he went out to his van to get a volt meter

and its only almost 4 weeks old and they want to repair it am i going to end up going down the same road in another 4 weeks time ?? as come on a new tv shouldnt break down this quick
thanks for any sudgestions

im only asking as i want to know if i should refuse the repair and return the tv to my place of purchase
thanks

jason

jasonr2000

ive accepted the repair but its still strange to just go in 3 weeks with less than 100 hours use on it tho
so im thinking it might just happen again in another 3 weeks if it does im going to refuse the repair and get them to replace it

thanks for the reply

Winwin89

Standard Member
It's happening to me now, do you know what happened to your tv? It is exactly the same situation, and no bad caps as well...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom