Samsung Picture Problem

mikemike

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung UE40D5520 TV which is difficult to watch as the picture is blocky, I live in a apartment block which has a communal dish Ariel, the TV is working ok as I can watch Iplayer and the like with no blocks. but terrestrial TV is unwatchable, I would like some advice please, should I upgrade the coax cable ? and would a TV booster help ? any other advice welcome.
Thanks Guys

I presume the coax cable you're talking about replacing is from the aerial outlet on the wall to your TV?
By all means replace it if you suspect it's faulty or poor quality but other than that all you can do is complain to your landlord if the signal is bad.
If your apartment block is served by a dish that's satellite Tv...terrestrial Tv uses an aerial so find out exactly what you have and take it from there.
A booster shouldn't be necessary.

Thank you jaycee, do you know if there is a setting on Samsung tv's where you can check a channels signal strength, I have a Samsung UE40D5520

Thank you jaycee, do you know if there is a setting on Samsung tv's where you can check a channels signal strength, I have a Samsung UE40D5520

I've no idea, I would need to download and read the user manual.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom