Samsung P2450H

Bebeto 94

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Im really looking at getting this great looking Samsung monitor that ive just spotted on Ebuyer. Strange thing is, although only recently released, nobody anywhere has reviewed it and its not even on Samsungs website ???
Would love to hear from anyone who has it as the specs are top notch. Here is a link to the monitor:- Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24" Monitor 1920x1080 2ms 70,000:1 (Dynamic) VGA/DVI/HDMI Glossy Black - 3yr Warranty - Ebuyer
Thanks guys:lease:

Amazon UK have it's release date set for 22nd of October, so no surprises on the lack of reviews - especially as it's a TN panel and there are just so many being released that only some ever get a proper review. One guy on Amazon has given their opinion for what it's worth:
Samsung P2450H 24 inch widescreen 2ms DVI TFT LCD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Oh, and Samsung's german website does list it:
P2450H SyncMaster TFT Displays

Good luck with whatever monitor you go for. :thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks mate. Just ordered one through Ebuyer as its on special at £179.99 (save £20) with a free 3 year warranty to go with it. Looks a great monitor, will let you know what its like when it turns up as Ebuyer have them in stock already !! :D

PS Anyone know how to edit the thread title as i dont seem able to do it ??

Last edited:
Ive got the same problem, was stuck between the LG w2261v which is old but has no bad reviews (so tried n tested) and also the iiyama prolite 24" which again is all good reviews (so tried n tested). but seeing this samsung has now added another to my list, but with no reviews do i bite the bullet and buy this, or stick with the ones i know do the job... tough decision!?!?!

Its a 24" Samsung with good specs and a 3 year warranty for £180. Ive been mulling over a monitor for weeks now and i too was torn between the Iiyama Prolite 2409 and a few others but this Samsung has good resolution , HDMI and a 2ms response time. The proof will be in the pudding , i will let you know what its like when it arrives.

WOW !! Thats all i can say . This really is a top notch monitor and i would agree whole heartedly with the guy that gave the review on amazon. This is a corker. Had it just over a day and im well impressed. Im lead to believe Ebuyer were told by Samsung to withdraw it from sale until the official release date in just over another weeks time. Very strange but well worth the wait. The only downside to this beast is the touch button controls but fortunately you just install a small feature provided and can do it all from your mouse . Just about to plug my PS3 in and see what transpires !!! :clap:

Bummer... i was just ready to buy that monitor as well!!! Not sure if i can wait a week for it to be officially released though.. might have to go with another alternative! Any chance you can get some pics up to show the image quality, i could be swayed to wait... i only want it for ps3 gaming!!!

hi can you let us know how it is with your ps3? am looking for a monitor for my xbox! thanks

It was excellent with my PS3 and im well happy with this monitor. I will try and take some pics later if i get time. Im no expert when it comes to monitors and being a CRT man up until Monday i dont have anything to compare it with but having bought and sold previous LCDs due to being disappointed i wont be letting go of this one thats for sure .Well worth £180 of anyones dough !! :thumbsup:

well ive gone for it and ordered! should be delivered on thursday :thumbsup:

never done this before, going for something with virtually no reviews so fingers crossed! specs certainly seem good!

where did you order from and how much was it?

where did you order from and how much was it?

yeah it was Amazon for £209.99 (had a gift certificate to use), they say it will arrive on thursday...i am away for quite a while next week but i'll post up my impressions when im back...:)

I have just got the P2450H from ebuyer for my Xbox360

Anyone else getting some backlight bleed from the top and bottom of the screen ? Its only noticeable in dark scenes but a bit annoying

so ive just had an email from amazon...saying they are still waiting on stock and it will now be despatched between 29th oct and 3rd november...what a load of rubbish! jesus:thumbsdow

i was gonna wait for the samsung to be released... but have caved and gone for the LG W2353V-PF. if anyones interested will post pics when ive hooked up ps3 to it!??

yeah, I wouldnt mind seeing some pics with it with ps3 and with it as a computer monitor

Any pictures or impressions of the P2450H from the people who got it, would be interested.

Any pictures or impressions of the P2450H from the people who got it, would be interested.
Have one on order from pixmania should be here next week sometime will take some pics and give my opinion on it when i get my grubby mitts on it :clap:

Does anyone know how i can edit the thread title to something like the Samsung P2450H Thread ?

Just ordered one of these. I'll post my thought when it arrives.

:D My monitor arrived yesterday afternoon and i have to say wow it looks alot better in the flesh than any of the pictures on internet :eek:
Sadly my brother has my camera at the moment so i carnt supply any pictures yet :(
Having come from an asus 22 incher this monitor is a great upgrade, im totally impressed with the touch menu buttons that happily hide in stealth mode until you touch them then the function titles light up in a nice red colour at the bottom of the bezel while you adjust the picture settings to your liking then they happily dissapear after a few seconds.
Since my last monitor was only quoted at 1000:1 contrast ratio this samsung is kinda mega bright in comparision but a few tweaks turning down the brightness and contrast has stopped the retina burning for now :rotfl: but the clarity of the picture is superb and games look awesome :clap:,i dont watch movies on my pc apart from the clips on websites and on you tube etc so carnt say how they look at the moment.
Im connected via the dvi at the moment so i also cannot comment on the other connectors but i was suprised to find audio out and a optical out connector at the rear :eek: i presume these are for the hdmi connection as the monitor it self has no speakers :confused:
Overall im very happy with my £200 purchase and would happily recommend to anyone,only time will tell how reliable it is.......

Anyone got any pics of PS3s or what not hooked upto the monitor - I've got my finger hovering over purchase but would like to see what consoles look like connected =)

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom