Samsung p2270hd cant find freeview channels

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Richardmcfc, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Richardmcfc

Richardmcfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Happy New Year everyone - hope this is in the right forum.

I bourght a Samsung p2270hd tv/monitor about a year ago, and ever since I have not been able to find freeview channels on the Television.

Instead what I have had to do, is buy a seperate Freeview box and hook it up as a component.

This means that I cant get the HD and also the misses is having a moan about how untidy it looks.

Been trying for over an hour now today - running plug and play again etc - but nothing appears to be working.

Noticed that the television is on ATV, but for some reason I cant seem to get it to digital.

Is this the problem?!

2. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +863
    :rtfm: It should be in the manual
    Support for P2270HD

You may need to go to the 'Plug & Play' menu to repeat a first time install to tune in the digital channels.

The spec suggests it's DVB-T not DVB-T2 so it won't support Freeview HD except via an external box.

3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +761
    I have a P2470HD (same chassis, larger screen); as I recall I just followed the setup guide.
    You should both Digital and Analogue options in the "Channel" menu after selecting your country, followed by auto or manual tune.

4. N.Dean

N.Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm please that it's not just me who struggles with Samsung stuff. I suspect that they don't test it on a non-tech public.
    Some Samsung equipment puts channels in "lists". I think the lists are "Analogue", "Digital", "Data" and "All".