Samsung owners (Dixons package) - are you truly happy with DVD images?

TP2K

Standard Member
Reaction score
- well, it's crunch time for me I think, and I have one last Q to pose to any Samsung owners (sorry y'all for raising this yet again!).

Are you owners absolutely 100% happy with the DVD performance of the Samsung?

I am looking to get (tomorrow!) the Samsung package from DSG which will include the dedicated tuner box. I have viewed DVD in-store and am as happy as I think I can be (ie it's not pin-sharp, but it's good!)... Can anyone who has bought this same package just confirm for me it is a decent performer "out of the box" ie without the need for add-on gadgets to improve the picture?

I will be connecting a Digital Cable box and a Pioneer DVR7000 to the unit, as well as the Tuner box supplied in the package.

I just want some final guidance/reassurance that all is (very!) well; primarily in the DVD performance area before I blow £3K and regret it as DSG won't take it back once ordered! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

I Have no probs with DVD playback. I use the iscan because it does marginally improve the image but to be honest the iscan was a leftover from a previous setup and I wouldn't have gone out and bought one for this set.

As Ive said before the samsungs image is warm and easy to whatch. Trust your eyes and go give your credit card an outing

Phil

TP2K,

Please post back - or mail me - if you did order and what the quoted delivery times were.

As you know I am VERY close to odering too - not quite sure what's stopping me :confused: :confused: :confused:

Delivery is quoted as 3-5 weeks. It's been the same from 3 or 4 Curry's stores and a couple of Dixons...

very happy with mine out of the box no add ons try currys at lakeside somebody on an earlier thread said deal was down to £2700 . delivery on mine was about 4wks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom