Quantcast

Samsung or Sony Help, slightly confuzzled

Haizum74

I am currently in the process of choosing either the Samsung 1500 or the Sony 350 and confused at to which one would be suitable for my Onkyo 606. PCM, Bitstream, PIP etc etc. I really want to go for the one that I will get the best pq and HD sound through my amp. Its giving me a headache to say the least.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
I am currently in the process of choosing either the Samsung 1500 or the Sony 350 and confused at to which one would be suitable for my Onkyo 606. PCM, Bitstream, PIP etc etc. I really want to go for the one that I will get the best pq and HD sound through my amp. Its giving me a headache to say the least.
Hi Haizum74. :)
Use bitstream :smashin: both will be on par regarding this,PQ there both very close as well.
Cheers.

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
The Samsung 1500 has been replaced by the 1600 which out-of-the-box decodes the high-def sound formats. Got mine for £149.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Either will do just fine.... the amp does all the decoding so you don't need to worry about anything with regard to internal stuff.

Personally, i'd actually say the Panasonic BD35 is a better buy, it is better for NTSC DVD's and in my opinion has a slightly sharper picture than either of the above...

Not a great deal more than the Sony either!

Panasonic DMP-BD35EB-K Profile 2 Blu-ray Disc Player: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Although as i've posted elsewhere the Amazon deal on the BD-P1500 is rather good, including the films it makes it a very cheap player!!

Samsung BD-P1500/XEU - Blu-ray Disc Player: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Haizum74

Great. I take it all three are easy to make region free (DVD)? I believe I would need to use an all in one remote (for example) rather than the original?

Haizum74

Top Bottom