Samsung or Sharp or Toshiba LCD TV

dunno the in and outs of the sets, but one of them says 1080p output... which is nice.

My preference

1.Toshiba
2.Sharp
3.Sony

My preference

1.Toshiba
2.Sharp
3.Sony

Toshiba first? :confused:
My list is the other way around!

1. Sony
2. Sharp
3. Toshiba

But Sharp offer the best bang for buck.
And currently the best SD picture and black levels.

Sony products are becoming unreliable and non-durable these days. Their first generation of BRAVIA had a problem with the power supply causing it to switch-off by itself after 1,200 hours of usage. In addition to this the backlight bleeding is more prevalent in the SONY than other LCDs. Imagine watching a unnatural picture with white washed color balance. I chose Toshiba and that #1 status ony applies to the 37 incher.

Sharp is the clear winner among the 3 in terms of balanced features,performance (the blacks) and overall value.

Sony products are becoming unreliable and non-durable these days. Their first generation of BRAVIA had a problem with the power supply causing it to switch-off by itself after 1,200 hours of usage. In addition to this the backlight bleeding is more prevalent in the SONY than other LCDs. Imagine watching a unnatural picture with white washed color balance. I chose Toshiba and that #1 status ony applies to the 37 incher.

Sharp is the clear winner among the 3 in terms of balanced features,performance (the blacks) and overall value.

Did you factor in Sharps new 37 incher? LC-37XD1E? It's a stonker.

I know that you are a proud owner of Sharp as I have seen all the pics you have posted. In terms of Black level performance there is truly no major competitors to the Sharp even the Panny / Pio. I 100% admire the blacks which has been a unique selling point and also the SD feed processing by the Sharp. I have lost my faith in most of Sony products except for few. Even Japanese consumers are slowly losing faith which forced Sony to drop the price of the BRAVIA by nearly 30-40%.

But when it comes to naturalness and stability of the picture the LCDs is miles behind the top-tier Plasma.

According to all 3 manufacturers, all 3 sets are 1080p ready.
The only difference i see in these is the contrast ratios.
What is the difference in normal and dynamic contrast ratio.
Still cant decide which to go for?

Thanks

The tosh has 1920x1080 but pretty sure it can't display 1080p, also the WLT68 is out now.

All samsungs I've seen have a horrible red/orange tint... not seen the F71 in real life tho.

Just got the sharp and least motion blur I've seen and blacks are amazing, as is SD content.

If you want xbox gaming then the Samsung is best due to 1080p via vga (I believe) which Sharp doesn't do (sharp only does 1080p via HDMI :( ).

HDMI then the sharp :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom