• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung optical out setup help needed

L

Luntray

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up my Samsung HL-T5076SX to send out the audio out through the digital optical out to my Logitech z5500's.

I can't get it to recognize any sound output from the tv at all... it says 5.1 audio is possible when the TV is connected to an external device supporting 5.1CH.

There's no option in the settings that i can find unless I'm missing something.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Hi, Luntray welcome to the forum. However a quick google appears to find that your tv is a US model, this is mainly a UK/EU forum. You might want to try here with your question. Its a similar forum to this but US based.

L

Luntray

I'll try that forum then... I just stumbled across this one first when googling for answers and registered right away. Wasn't aware there was a north american based one.

Thanks!

dwhite

Distinguished Member
No problem your not the first from other the pond to have done that.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom