• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Samsung Onebody HW-MS650 Reviews?

imxrobbo

Standard Member
Hi, I am looking into purchasing a Soundbar that produces a nice full/wide sound and that allows the extension of wireless rear speakers. I'm not looking for powerful thumping bass, just enough to fill the gaps.

I originally looked into the Yamaha bars but wrote them off as I doubt I would benefit from the "surround sound" that they apparently create, this is due to my room shape and layout.

I have narrowed it down to either the Bose Soundtouch 300, or the new Samsung HW-MS650 (which as a bonus has full 4K HDR passthrough). I have read mixed reviews for the Bose, some saying you need the sub to complete the package which would be a complete no go for me as I'm not paying £500 for 1 speaker.

As for the Samsung I have read nothing but positive comments from "professional" reviewers, but I can't find any user reviews which IMO are the most important.

It would be great if anyone who owns, has owned or has demoed this new bar to type a quick opinion of the bar. Also any other recommendations to these two would be great :)

Thanks in advance,
Rob

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom