Samsung One Connect - any limitations?

superdon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Considering a new TV. The One Connect box seems good. Are there any downsides or limitations I should be aware of?

Besides the fact it's connected to a Sammy LCD?? :D

In truth it's a great idea and I'm surprised others haven't copied, getting to the back of my TV can be a pain. I suppose the potential to damage that tiny cable connecting it to the TV may be a down side, not much else I can think of.

Q90r is my first tv that have this concept and i really like it,have conected PS Pro,Xbox X,N Switch and PC and its easier to manipulate all this cabels this way.
Also i think this way TV is heathing much less and that maybe affect lifetime of device....
Only thing is that one conect box is big so you need space for it.

I am a big fan of One Connect Box. But i do miss the older (2017) mini-one connect box that shipped with MU7000 series.

Unless you already buried your cables inside the wall and have place for the box i think its a neat design, especially for wall mounting.

I so want this on the frame for bedroom tv but so pricy, hoping the 32" is a bit less they meant to be releasing, do other samsung tvs have one connect box then?
As I understand it all signal and power goes through one thin cable now, where a before needed a power cable to tv still, do all one connect boxes just have on wire now?

I so want this on the frame for bedroom tv but so pricy, hoping the 32" is a bit less they meant to be releasing, do other samsung tvs have one connect box then?
As I understand it all signal and power goes through one thin cable now, where a before needed a power cable to tv still, do all one connect boxes just have on wire now?
Yes its only one wery thin cable.

In truth it's a great idea and I'm surprised others haven't copied, getting to the back of my TV can be a pain. I suppose the potential to damage that tiny cable connecting it to the TV may be a down side, not much else I can think of.
So its connected to a Sammy lcd, therfore its crap!

How long is the cable and can you get longer ones?

I see come with 5m cable but 10-15m is available to buy, im not worried about frame idea but its a shame others don't have a similar box approach for connecting things be a lot neater in bedrooms etc

I see come with 5m cable but 10-15m is available to buy, im not worried about frame idea but its a shame others don't have a similar box approach for connecting things be a lot neater in bedrooms etc
I was thinking the same,maybe Samsung have patent on this kind of concept.....
From now on i would like this on my future TVs....

I'm not sure if class it as a revolutionary feature necessarily. I'm sure they've trademarked the name but the concept isn't necessarily new, certainly some Pioneer Kuro plasmas used to have a similar connection box back in the day.

LOL. 2nd'd

But in all honesty I LOVED the OCB when I had my Samsung. I think it's a brilliant thing to do just a shame about the TV it was attached to.

I'm not sure if class it as a revolutionary feature necessarily. I'm sure they've trademarked the name but the concept isn't necessarily new, certainly some Pioneer Kuro plasmas used to have a similar connection box back in the day.

Ah when the remotes quality heavy and the connections were HUGE!

Its no use for me as all my kit is in a comms room and would require a 25m cable to be able to use a one connect box. It's a great idea just not great for the custom install home cinema market.

Out of interest, what Samsung did you have?

I had a JS9000 65". But in typical fashion, Samsung software updates are appualing lackluster and in typical fashion it broke on me. But loved the OCB.
Its no use for me as all my kit is in a comms room and would require a 25m cable to be able to use a one connect box. It's a great idea just not great for the custom install home cinema market.

Yes, OCB is not for custom installs. Even less so when it has proprietary cables that you cannot get in alternative lengths etc.

I'm still running an "old" KS7000.

Love the OCB, So handy to have in the AV cabinet. Use it to charge PS4 controllers, Plug in USB sticks ect. Also everything runs on CAT6 so that chunky cable is well out of sight.

Basically the OCB makes wall mounting a joy, Especially the new one that does power too.

Ah when the remotes quality heavy and the connections were HUGE!
Although that's nothing compared to some of the Yamaha AVR remotes I've used in the past, the legendary A1 and A2 amps had humongous remotes with many flaps and switches as well as buttons.

The Pioneer Plasma A 500 models that came with a seperate media box over time had a very high failure rate rending the screen useless so to speak.

so before purchase see the cost of a replacement media box for the samsung just in case .

No DTS on all new Samsung TVs. No eARC. You can get a 15m cable but it costs £200.

If You will wall mount TV, I highly recommend TV with One Connect Box.

my Q90R one connect box gets extremely hot if placed in a confined unit in MARCH- so i have placed it on a shelf and its much much cooler to the touch

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom