Samsung Omnia (i900) Owners thread

catch'em1

I have had this phone for more than 6 months and I have to say it is one of the most disappointing phones I have ever owned and the most expensive, It looked really good but bland which I could live with but what I didn't know was that the touchscreen would be so rubbish and unresponsive, I tried calibrating it and it is still shocking, the memory is shocking as well, 8GB and only 100mb for apps and Windows Mobile 6.1 OS, are they having a joke!

I've had to reset my phone 2 or 3 times because the 100mb keeps getting used up, even If I have only installed 5 or 6 apps.

The only good thing is the camera and the battery life, (if it isn't used much otherwise it drains very quickly, even the battery meter is rubbish:mad:)

I have spent so much time looking at the Xda developers forum for registry tweaks but the phone is rubbish, I miss my K800i:(

Pug_WD

I've had to reset my phone 2 or 3 times because the 100mb keeps getting used up, even If I have only installed 5 or 6 apps.

Can't you install to the 8GB? I'm sure I was given the choice where to install to whenever I installed something. It's either that or the SD card anyway.

bigmondy

Sorry for double post......... Anyone know how you can access the messages (texts) on the PC. My old nokia used to allow me to open up a programme in the active synch window that allowed me to cut copy paste write and organise my texts on the PC.

Just cant figure out how to do it on this phone.

Must admit to being exasperated at this touch screen - when using the address book to look for contacts - no matter how delicate the touch when I am scrolling - it opens up a contact that I pass my finger over.

It has very nearly been thrown out the window on a few occasions - starting to detest it - but really want to love it.

Help me :lease:

catch'em1

Sorry for double post......... Anyone know how you can access the messages (texts) on the PC. My old nokia used to allow me to open up a programme in the active synch window that allowed me to cut copy paste write and organise my texts on the PC.

Just cant figure out how to do it on this phone.

Must admit to being exasperated at this touch screen - when using the address book to look for contacts - no matter how delicate the touch when I am scrolling - it opens up a contact that I pass my finger over.

It has very nearly been thrown out the window on a few occasions - starting to detest it - but really want to love it.

Help me :lease:
Mate just give up. get a new phone:(

mk20mallock

Standard Member
I'm probably not in the right place but I'll try any way. I am resident in France and I bought my son an Omnia i900 with a contract on SFR. He is now in the UK at university and has an ASDA SIM as we can't have a contract because no credit history etc. The phone is unlocked and works on other French networks. There is no password on the SIM but when we try it in the i900 a password is requested and we can't get beyond this request. Default password is supposed to be 1234 but this doesn't work. The SIM works in unlocked SE 750 and an 850 which was bought unsullied by phone networks. Any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom