Samsung OLED TV available in the UK next week

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Here we go

We'll forgive anyone reading this feeling as though they're suffering a spot of deja vu but the staggered launch of Samsung's OLED TV is set to hit the UK next week, when it's curved 55-inch S9C will become available from 5 September.

The S9C is the first TV to feature Multi View capabilities meaning two people can watch completely different full-screen Full-HD content, even in 3D, on the same display. The Multi View feature promises to be like having two TV's in one and is enabled by Samsung's 3D Active glasses.

attachment.php

Guy Kinnell, Head of TV and AV, Samsung UK and Ireland, said: “It's great to be able to finally reveal Samsung's Curved OLED TV for our UK & Irish customers, a groundbreaking step in picture technology everyone has been eagerly anticipating. Samsung's OLED represents an amazing statement in design, vibrant & energetic entertainment experiences, and has Samsung's unique future-ready technology and Smart TV feature set. The Samsung OLED S9C also incorporates our new Multi View technology enabling two people to watch different programming simultaneously on the same screen. The Samsung OLED experience will entice the senses - it's like bringing home an IMAX theatre that you can enjoy every day.”

Samsung's Curved OLED TV uses self-emitting RGB sub-pixels that are laid directly on the colour display panel, so no colour filter is required. Without the need for backlighting, the TV promises to display pictures with absolute blacks at a contrast ratio never before seen on conventional TVs.

We've contacted for Samsung for official pricing details which was conspicuous by its absence on the press release.

Attachments

• Samsung-KN55S9C-OLED-TV-002-640x426.jpg
    Samsung-KN55S9C-OLED-TV-002-640x426.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,344
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why they decided to mount something so thin and elegant in a chunky great iron frame?

Is there a manufacturing reason for the first oleds to be curved? All seems a bit of a gimmick

In the US the price if the set is 9000 dollars. It doesn't take much of an imagination to guess the UK price.Totally unaffordable! and only 1080pTV.

In the US the price if the set is 9000 dollars. It doesn't take much of an imagination to guess the UK price.Totally unaffordable! and only 1080pTV.

The german price is in the 7k region i belive the price is dropping

'Only' 1080p? Personally Id be more than happy with a 1080p OLED, 4K is years away content wise.

Seen the lg oled a few times n last time in exspert 1 mode.... best picture i ever seen ... 4k needed ? not so shure any more after that demo.

Absolutely, 1080p is fine for oled.....for the asking price though I would chose a led 4k set and with change

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom