Question Samsung NU7470 to soundbase

Ebo100

Novice Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help with setting up my TV with soundbase?

I've just bought a new Samsung TV NU7470 and trying to connect to my Cambridge Audio TV5 sound base. I have an optical cable from the optical out socket into the sound base and on the TV sound menu have it set to "audio out/optical" and it works fine while watching Sky.

However there is no sound when I switch to any of the online apps; Netflix/Prime/BBCi. I can unmute the TV sound (after switching back to TV speakers on menu) and there is sound, just nothing through the sound base.

A look on the Samsung website gives the following list to try but I can't see anything obvious because it works with Sky. Is there something in the menus I need to set, Any ideas?

External device is off and not outputting audio
TV is set to the wrong source
Soundbar is set to the wrong source
Connection cable is not connected properly
TV speakers are on and not set to external speakers
Connection cable is defective
External device port is defective
Soundbar port is defective

You need to change the signal type being sent from the tv - not at home now, but will check later for what exactly you need to do.

Have you tried removing the optical cable and using the TV's HDMI ARC to the HDMI ARC on the soundbase?

Hi JayCee, I tried the Arc before the optical cable arrived and there was no sound for anything. However the label on the back of the TV say ARC IN?? See photo attached of the connections. I can Bluetooth Netflix to the sound base and this works OK. Will this be the only option for Netflix?

Attachments

• 15345823476871195959542.jpg
    15345823476871195959542.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 219
Cambridge recommend using the optical port. Hdmi arc is not very reliable and causes numerous handshake issues.

I was suspicious of the ARC connection with it saying HDMI IN (arc) and thought it was for games console or similar thinking it was worth the £5 for an optical cable for a quality connection.

Is this likely to be something with the streaming set up rather than the TV?

I’ll give you a fix this evening- I have a Samsung tv and Cambridge base. Just not at home until later.,

Go into your TV's advanced sound settings and select PCM output as that's the only format your soundbar supports.
You can then use optical or HDMI ARC.

Last edited:
15346094930401911661019.jpg

PCM output is already set.

What is interesting is that when I switch off optical and go back to TV speakers but muted Sky still has sound coming out of the soundbase. Does this mean sky bypasses the TV menu?

Have you tried what I suggested?
Switch everything off, remove the optical cable from TV to Soundbar and connect HDMI ARC to HDMI ARC.
Have a look in the Soundbar settings to see if ARC has to be enabled.
Have a look in the TV's settings and enable CEC Control and set the sound to HDMI ARC
Switch TV and Soundbar back on and check if there is now sound from the built-in apps.

Only difference with my setup is I have the delay set to 100. Never had an issue in the 15 months I’ve had the base - worked with three different Samsungs in that time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom