• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung nu7470 hdr10+

D

Deleted member 821922

Hi guys and girls,

I've got the above tv in 65" size, i currently use my xbox one s as my 4k player. I purchased Bohemian Rhapsody this afternoon, i know this film has been mastered in hdr10+, my tv supports this format, my question is when playing the film, when i check the info on my tv it still says just hdr, is this normal? I imagined that it might of changed to a hdr10+ symbol?

Can anyone let me know if this is normal etc

Cheers,

Mike :smashin:

D

Deleted member 821922

Hi - I don’t think the Xbox supports hdr10+.
Yeah i did wonder this tbh but thought because it does hdr i just thought it might support it. I have read some people saying that their tv doesnt show it aswel but I've just been onto samsung support and they confirmed that if the film is mastered in hdr10+ then it should display it. They did also say the xbox is capable of displaying it. They seemed to think my av receiver might be the issue. It is 4k hdr pass-through

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Ask Microsoft, Samsung support won’t know about other products. It’s not mentioned on the Xbox site.

Simple test is to connect Xbox directly to tv and see if that changes things. Your receiver might not support hdr10+ pass through, it may be limited to standard hdr10.

D

Deleted member 821922

Ask Microsoft, Samsung support won’t know about other products. It’s not mentioned on the Xbox site.

Simple test is to connect Xbox directly to tv and see if that changes things. Your receiver might not support hdr10+ pass through, it may be limited to standard hdr10.
Yeah i will try that now, i hope my receiver does support it lol, its getting frustrating having to upgrade equipment to find out new software comes out that your new equipment does not support lol

D

Deleted member 821922

Well just connected it up to the tv direct and still not displaying it so i assume its the xbox firmware that has not been updated to allow it, hmm i wonder if i ask microsoft support nicely they will include it in a future update lol then id have to see of the amp then passes it through, jesus, this 4k hdr thing has been exspensive lol, new tv, new amp so i can have my atmos surround, films at £24.99 wow

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom