Question Samsung NU7100 or NU8000

ila66

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all looking to pick up 1 of the above tvs in 75" we only watch tv via our SkyQ box no gaming is it worth us paying the extra for the NU8000 will we notice any difference

Thanks

It is definitely worth it if the choice is just between those TVs, the NU8000 is a lot higher spec and we know it comes with a VA type panel.

The NU7100 on the other hand we do not know which panel it comes with.

See: Which panel type should I choose for my TV?

If you wanted to pay less than the Samsung NU8000 at this size, look at Hisense and their A series instead, its a sure bet to get a VA panel compared to the Samsung NU7 series.

If you want IPS for wider viewing angles you may wish to look at LGs instead.

The NU7100 on the other hand we do not know which panel it comes with.
Is this part of the ‘Samsung panel lottery’ debate, or just because no one knows? The rtings review says it's VA, and the 'which?' Review comments on its poor viewing angles being a negative, hinting it's VA as well.

Has anyone had an IPS NU7100?

Last edited:
Is this part of the ‘Samsung panel lottery’ debate, or just because no one knows? The rtings review says it's BA, and the 'which?' Review comments on its poor viewing angles being a negative, hinting it's VA as well.

Has anyone had an IPS NU7100?
In North America they are blessed by Samsung as they put VA panels even on their low range models. Here in Europe (and maybe rest of world) it is not the same. They put both kinds, sometimes changing between one model and the next.

A good example of this is their 43" models, user feedback to begin with on the forum was people were picking up models with VA type panels, no most feedback has been they come with Samsung's IPS (PLS).

In other words, you won't know until you buy the TV really.

But really with the Hisense A series offering the same spec for less, I am not sure why you would buy Samsung. Even the Hisense U7A which is more closely in spec to the more expensive Samsung NU8000 is around the same price as the NU7 series.

Sorry, I should have started a new thread instead of posting on several existing threads, apologies Dodgexander and thanks for your replies :)
But really with the Hisense A series offering the same spec for less
Please let me know where it is cheaper be use I couldn't find anywhere? Only one I've found is £1099 or £1199. If I find the 7100 with VA panel and £100-£200 cheaper, isn't that a reasonable deal? The hisense also gets bad reviews on which? And although I'd trusted people like yourself over generalist sites like which, it doesn't seem to be an across the board thumbs up to hisense.

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have started a new thread instead of posting on several existing threads, apologies Dodgexander and thanks for your replies :)

Please let me know where it is cheaper be use I couldn't find anywhere? Only one I've found is £1099 or £1199. If I find the 7100 with VA panel and £100-£200 cheaper, isn't that a reasonable deal? The hisense also gets bad reviews on which? And although I'd trusted people like yourself over generalist sites like which, it doesn't seem to be an across the board thumbs up to hisense.
Sorry I was thinking of pricing at different sizes. At 75" the Samsung is cheaper.

Still doesn't take away the fact it could be an IPS type panel which would scare me from buying it.

As for reviews, the A series was heavily recommended here on AVF. I have no idea why which review TVs the way they do but I imagine its something to do with them including sound quality or usability in their review score compared to picture quality.

Would you trust measurements made by a profesional or a consumer magazine reviewing TVs by eye and using sound to give the complete score to a TV? (when every TV sounds bad).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom