• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung NP-RF711-S07UK laptop , DVD playback poor.

GARYGPR

Standard Member
Hi, I have the Samsung NP-RF711-S07UK laptop with the Nvidia GT 540M graphics card. My screen res is 1600x900.
The problem I have is playing a DVD bought from AMAZ......... the quality on full screen is so poor [grainy] but if I shrink the screen the quality is brilliant
Is this a fault?
I believe this laptop is still of a high spec to play the standard DVD.
Any help would be fantastic.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
It's hard to tell without seeing it. DVD quality by current standards is fairly poor and blowing it up to 3.6 times the size is going to show those faults, especially if whatever video player you're using isn't applying any post-processing.

It should be roughly comparable to a decent quality 360p/480p youtube video played full screen.

Unless the screen shows similar grainyness under different conditions I would think it's more likely to be the output of your video player/DVD rather than any fault with the laptop.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom