• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Samsung Note 3 or S5

Well its that time of year again were my contract is up for upgrade, As some of you know ive been jumping between apple & Sammy for last 2 year eventually selling my note 3 and sticking with iphone 5. Iphone 4 - S3 - Iphone 5 - note 3 - iphone 5

Im now starting to look again at Samsung as Apple have nothing decent at minute to upgrade to from an iphone 5. Iphone 6 may be a disappointment who knows

The note 3 was ok but just preferred apple

So whats the best out there in the android market.
Herd mixed reviews regards galaxy s5 most of them not that good, so is the note 3 still king?

Like the look of that sony S2 as well?

Is there a note 4 on way?

Professor Chaos

if now your time to upgrade I'd hold out for 3-4 months and wait to see what Samsung have in store for Note 4 and Apple for iPhone 6 (both due around september)

Professor Chaos

vishvx

Best to wait until September/October for the Note 4 and iPhone 6 announcement, although you could look at the z2, one m8 or think about the LG G3 which will be coming out soon..

The Z2 looks well & better than Samsungs latest, not sure on performance etc
The Note 4 looks massive way to big.
The S5 I've herd is rubbish
Looks like a hold out for iPhone 6 but information on google don't look good either

Tomo71

Z2 for me was a let down. The back cracked for no apparent reason although is suspect it could of been the heat from the camera. Recording at 4k it freezes after a minute or so.

The notification volumes for texts etc is also very very low... Play the sound normally and it's fine... Soon as it plays as a text sound, it's badly muted.

Tomo71

The Note3 is ace... its just the size.... kinda marmite effect. I tend to use jean pockets for phone and the Note, even with just a slim case on is kinda bulging out.

So, if you dont mind the size, which has obvious advantages as well, then its a great choice.

Or there is the Note 4.... lol

The Note3 is ace... its just the size.... kinda marmite effect. I tend to use jean pockets for phone and the Note, even with just a slim case on is kinda bulging out.

So, if you dont mind the size, which has obvious advantages as well, then its a great choice.

Or there is the Note 4.... lol
Note 4 will be to big

Kerfuffle

Banned
Around September I've herd but any larger than the Note 3 may be crazy

I agree if the Note 4 is larger than the Note 3 it might be a step too far. I friend of mine has a Note 3 and I have always liked the look & feel so I might just bite the bullet and get the Note 3 rather than waiting.

I agree if the Note 4 is larger than the Note 3 it might be a step too far. I friend of mine has a Note 3 and I have always liked the look & feel so I might just bite the bullet and get the Note 3 rather than waiting.
Totally agree that's why I went and picked one up at the weekend

Does anyone find the Note 3 just too big? I am thinking of getting one and I'm just a liitle unsure due to the size.
To be honest takes just a few days to get used to it and adapt the way you hold and use it. After a few days it's no trouble what's so ever. Most things I can still do one handed. Don't miss the iphone at all

Tomo71

Thank you for your reply, what about pocketability?

That's probably the main reason I decided go back to smaller mobiles. Great phone to use, stylus can be really handy and I do miss it a little but even with no case on it was huge in the pocket.

Back pockets it would stick out of, front jean pockets it was just uncomfortable. Only found it ok if I had a jacket on really

Thank you for your reply, what about pocketability?
That's probably the main reason I decided go back to smaller mobiles. Great phone to use, stylus can be really handy and I do miss it a little but even with no case on it was huge in the pocket.

Back pockets it would stick out of, front jean pockets it was just uncomfortable. Only found it ok if I had a jacket on really
I've never ever placed any phone in my rear pockets. I don't really find it an issue in my front jeans pockets of my Levis. Larger phones are the way forward with looks of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom