• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Note 10.1

bigbang

Banned

andya

i think to put a better screen in would have cost more .i think apple need to intoduce a pen to the ipad 4 when it gets release because having a pen to me is important ,and for drawing apps is needed .im thinking of gettin one from john lewis so will post back .i still think the screen will be ok ,yes not retina but still good quality and to me the big thing is its quad core cpu unlike the newipad which is dual core but has a quad core gpu .ive got the samsung note and love it quality product .

stunno

Ive ordered one from John Lewis on Tuesday with their standard delivery of "within 5 days", thinking,as its a bank holiday that i would get it today. But no, it is still processing and it might be Tuesday.

The reviews seem to either love it or hate it, but it seems to be full of good ideas that samsung need to develop with future upgrades.

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
Apple will not put a pen with any of their devices, since the original iPhone and iPod touch apples designs were almost based on the principle of no pen as if it was a pillar of the process. I wouldn't hold your breath for a tablet in January from apple with a pen ;) however if the note and the note tab had the same awesome display reses I'd be sold! The note II is due any day now as well which is exciting!

Last edited:

andya

i think putting a hi res display in is a cost issuie and maybe a tech problem aswell .if the note 10.1 does take off and people love the idea of using the pen then im sure apple will adopt a pen .problem i see is wacom if ipad had a retina screen ipad with wacom pressure pen wacom would loose sales on there Cintiq range of pressure sensative tablets..another problem with androis is there just isnt enough drawing apps like there is with the ipad ,why this is i dont know maybe harder to progam android or the fact apple had a head start..if apple in march release ipad 4 with retina ,quad core .2gig ram and 128gig with pressure pen they would have the whole market to themselves,i cant see it happening because what else would you need ,that would cover all my dreams of a tablet

stunno

I'm sure I read somewhere that the processor in the Note 10.1 does not support a higher resolution than 720p. It could have been wrong though as it was on the internet

andya

i bought mine yesterday so will post a review a bit later if i get the chance.having a play with it in john lewis yesterday i must say the screen is superb .the pen is fantastic .i think samsung have a winner on there hands .my main concern was the screen being 1280 800 but i can say very very happy.i was happy with the ipad 132 pixel density but the samsung has a pixel density of 149 .on not retina but still superb..quad core so nice and responsive lovely screen with white whites and black blacks .pressure pen ,the list goes on ..come on you developers give us artists more apps

andya

All I can say is well done Samsung.responsive, superb screen, on the keyboard the numbers are at the top so don't have to flick back, it is very nice to hold in the hand and no heat problems.the pen is nice and responsive, whites are whites and blacks are very good, it's not oled but very very good..quad core makes everything fast and multi tasking is amazing, I watch a film on one side of the screen and type this on the other..I am one of the most picky people you will ever know and I rate this better than my iPad 3, reasons versatility , multi tasking, quad core cup, superb pen, doesn't get hot, superb sound out of the speakers, 16gig and 2gig plus add a 64gig card.just awesome....only negative I have is iPad have more drawing apps than android.Samsung have done the correct thing here and artists and college students will love the pen..it's a joy to use and no eye strain with the screen.apple have got a fight on there hands and about time to, no more rubbish rubber pens and lovely multi tasking.if your after a tablet that is mega fast and has a pressure sensitive pen this is the one to get..if ipad4 has the same feature set with retina or oled then that will be amazing but at a guess same retina screen , quad core cpu and maybe 8mega pixel camera..who uses a tablet to take photos , crazy.also WiFi on this is fantastic much better than my partners laptop .what more can I say fantastic work Samsung :smashin:

Last edited:

andya

its superb at doing notes .the pen make such a difference .if you buy it from john lewis they are giving a 2 year warranty with it :smashin:

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Anyone know if Samsung will release this in black, in the UK?

Really tempted just not sure about the white. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Aaron

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
Also think I'll be picking one of these up along with a new note II as well! I'll be all kitted out!

ed201

Banned
Has this pad got extra facility for USB devices or memory cards? One thing i dont like about the apple is you cant download things and then transfer them onto a usb pen drive or memory card!

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Has this pad got extra facility for USB devices or memory cards? One thing i dont like about the apple is you cant download things and then transfer them onto a usb pen drive or memory card!

It takes Micro SD cards up to 64gb. Also you can buy an adapter to use full size usb flash drives on, think they have to be FAT32 though.

Aaron

stunno

Yes its called an OTG (On The Go) lead and can be had for a couple of pounds on ebay. It will not powet a USB HD though

Last edited:

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
Anyone recomend a decent dock/Bluetooth keyboard?

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Well got it here and charging so not used it yet. Anyone know where to get cases for Samsung tablets? I don't really know where to look. :blush:

Aaron

Smeghead28

Well got it here and charging so not used it yet. Anyone know where to get cases for Samsung tablets? I don't really know where to look. :blush:

Aaron

I have always got my cases from Mobilefun,just doa search on Google.
Always had quick delivery as well,sometimes within 14 or so hours.
They have cases for the standard 10 tab but didnt anything for the note version with a quick look.

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
I have always got my cases from Mobilefun,just doa search on Google.
Always had quick delivery as well,sometimes within 14 or so hours.
They have cases for the standard 10 tab but didnt anything for the note version with a quick look.

Thank you.

Will have a check but not sure if the note 10.1 is slightly slimmer than that tab 10.1?

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
Any reccomendations on where to buy one of these bad boys? going wifi only as my note II will be able to offer wifi tethering and only 16 gig with a 32 gig memory card for me. (i assumme aside from the tablets own software you can store whatever you like wherever you like?) I think i wanna go for the dark grey tablet and phone

looking for the cheapest place which is of good enough reputation, also looking for a bluetooth keyboard dock of sorts..... something made of aluminium like this might be nice: Samsung Galaxy Tab Keyboard 2 10.1 Aluminum

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom