• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung new style remote on R73

stezo2k

Established Member
Hi guys, i recently bought a new style (curvy) samsung remote for my TV and said it worked most samsung LCD sets. Seems to work my R73 great but the "D Menu" button doesnt seem to be on the remote for tuning the digital, is there a button on the remote which will do it? or a way round it?

cheers guys

stezo2k

Established Member
anybody? thanks

peahead

Prominent Member
Hi

you should be able to tune the digital via the menu system on the tv press menu on the remote and there should be a option for tuning the digital.

oldnewbie

Established Member
Just go into the main (in analogue tuner) menu then pick setup (bottom one) then choose plug and play and it will tune both the analogue and digital tuners :smashin:

Last edited:

stezo2k

Established Member
Just go into the main (in analogue tuner) menu then pick setup (bottom one) then choose plug and play and it will tune both the analogue and digital tuners :smashin:

you my friend are a star :) i was just about to return the remote thinking i couldnt tune with it because usually you have to use the d menu button

also is there an alternative to accessing the tv guide? when i press it on my new remote it only comes up with a list

oldnewbie

Established Member
you my friend are a star :) i was just about to return the remote thinking i couldnt tune with it because usually you have to use the d menu button

also is there an alternative to accessing the tv guide? when i press it on my new remote it only comes up with a list

Sorry, Cant think of a solution for that one :rolleyes:

stezo2k

Established Member
heh no worries, at least i dont have to buy another remote. i'm sure i can deal with it :)

thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom