Samsung Neo qled QN800B Owners Thread

Taggart

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have the new QN800b- first impressions are a huge improvement on the Qn800a, in picture, sound and overall quality. This is the TV I was hoping for when I purchased it’s predecessor.

I’m very very impressed - so far it has blown me away on USB films, Netflix, prime, F1 and Football on Sky Q UHD and even HD looks amazing upscale as well.

I just really hope I don’t get any issues like the QN800a had for me with vertical banding.

Taggart

Standard Member
A week and a half on, and this TV is the TV that I was hoping it would be. Blacks are brilliant, adaptive picture seems to work incredibly well, especially with HD/4K/uhd content and the sound is a big step up from last year.

After a really underwhelming experience with the Qn800a, the qn800b for me really delivers 👍👍

TommyboyHD

Standard Member
Hi Taggart,

Congrats on the new set and delighted to hear you are getting the most out of it, would you mind confirming if the youtube app supports 8k native?

Taggart

Standard Member
Hi, yep it can ply 8k on YouTube. On some of the videos on YouTube that advertise 8k you have to click on the three dots think and change res to the highest to get the 8k

TommyboyHD

Standard Member
Perfect, I'm upgrading from the original Q900R which let's say was less than ideal, have you any experience with gaming next gen or PC on it? How is the built in Atmos, I plan to run through my H/T setup but interesting to hear what built in aufio is like and genuine user opinion is better than any reviewer opinion in my book

Taggart

Standard Member
Hi,
Yes I have an Xbox one and ps5 hooked up - used gaming mode and also with gaming mode switched off - it looks class and you can tweak it to performance or enhance picture based on your preference.

The new TVs are brill for gaming; I have only used a laptop connected up to do some work calls and it looked good but not gaming through it via laptop.

I had last years model - this tv is a big step up from last years model in my opinion.

daryld1988

qn800a got an update 2001.4 which improved picture quality massively especially in regards to the local dimming in that some scenes that were dark would have lit up the screen grey for a few seconds and then went back to black thankfully this is now remedied so im well chuffed with it qn800b should be great aswell

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom