Samsung Music Question

finlux

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and love it. I use Samsung Music to play my stored music on the phone and it mainly works great, but I have a question on album art.

99% of all my tracks have the correct album art, but there a few songs that use something different. But here's the thing: If I view the track through the My Files folder it has the correct album art - it's only via Samsung Music it is wrong.

The same track also stored on my PC has the correct album art. I've tried deleting the tracks, clearing the cache (using Ccleaner for Android), restarting and even renaming the tracks but the wrong picture still remains! All data properties are filled in correctly.

I know how to correct any Windows album art issues, but I'm drawing a blank on my phone. I've also Googled some answers but they've not worked.

Anyone else had issues and/or have any idea how to solve it? It is the latest version of Samsung Music.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi this is probably nothing to do with Samsung Music but probably to do with the format of the image used for the album art

Whatever image you are using, re-save to your desktop (or wherever) as a JPEG and then reapply the album art with your tagging software of choice

I use MP3 Tag

finlux

No replies I see! 😁

It's typical of me to get an issue that either no one else does or no one knows how to fix! I guess it may well be a bug in Samsung Music and I'll have to hope it is fixed at some point.

Thanks for looking anyway!

Upvote 0

Steven

Senior Moderator
Hi this is probably nothing to do with Samsung Music but probably to do with the format of the image used for the album art

Whatever image you are using, re-save to your desktop (or wherever) as a JPEG and then reapply the album art with your tagging software of choice

I use MP3 Tag

Upvote 0
Solution

finlux

Thank you @Steven. I will check it out later and let you know! I never thought about the image type!

I've been using an old program Creevity Mp3 Cover Downloader. It still works fine, but I may try MP3 Tag.

Upvote 0

finlux

Just to advise, I've tried everything @Steven has suggested including using MP3 Tag but the problem still persists. All the files were standard JPEG's anyway.

I think I'll put it down to a Samsung Music bug. As I said earlier the correct album art shows in Android's My Files folder and also in Windows too.

Many thanks for your help. 🙏

Upvote 0

Steven

Senior Moderator
From personal experience of fixing not showing album art on Sony digital audio players that may help you:

*JPEG must be baseline and NOT progressive (I spent quality time manually re-saving album art and re-tagging)

*Check resolution, if the file is very large say 4k by 4k then try saving at a smaller pixel resolution like 2k by 2k or 1k by 1k, which practically is still plenty

*Make sure JPEG format and not something else (although in this day and age I would expect software to recognise PNG or whatever and in fact it could be argued it is JPEG the is out of date)

I should clarify all the album art meeting the Sony dap needs all appear correctly on Android smartphone and Windows laptop 10 devices

Upvote 0

finlux

Thanks @Steven, I've had some progress. 😀

3 of the songs had huge album art. Simply reducing them (in Paint) worked but only after using Ccleaner for Android & restarting the phone. Result!

However there are 3 songs that have small album art (all less than 1k) that refuse to change. I'm going to play around with these tracks a bit longer to see if I can fix them. I've also tried editing/resaving album art and re-tagged but no change.

Thanks for your excellent advice :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

finlux

Just for completion, I've used MP3Tag to remove the album art, and allowed it (via MusicBrainz) to update it and it has worked!!

I'm going to dump Creevity (which seems to only find album art when it wants to) and stick with MP3Tag.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom