Samsung M86 Picture qaulity problem in HD mode

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by route609, Sep 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. route609

route609
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, this is my very first post and i am in need of some help and information.

I have recently purchased a Samsung M86 after doing some extensive research and reviewing some forum posts on here.

I have a HD Freeview box connected to my TV. The freeview box outputs to not actual HD but almost. It still has an aerial in port but does have an HDMI port for the upscaling.

When i watch the HD source from the freeview the picture is no where near as good as watching the freeview box through the scart lead in ext 1. I have a high quality HDMI cable £44.99 and i did use this freeview box on my old Samsung 37R8 LCD TV and the picture was really good.

Does anyone know how i may increase the quality or could there be a fault with my HD Mode on the TV?

I also have horizontal faint lines in the background of my picture which are only really noticable on dark scenes- not as important but annoying when i paid over £900 for the tv.

Any help or thoughts anyone?

2. davejm

davejm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    What resolution is the freeview box outputting via HDMI?

Have you tried all the HDMI ports?

3. route609

route609
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it is outputting at 1080i. i have used all three HDMI ports. The funny thing is is that the quuality of the HD Freeview box is better through the scart than the HDMI Lead