Colour space-wide
xvYcc-off
More
Size-just scan
Digital NR-off

in set up
Energy saving-low
HDMI black level-low.

The white balance and colour control you may feel like playing around with.

Cheers mate,

I'll give this a try, hope it will fix my remote problem but I doubt it as you never had the problem to start with.

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
Hi here are mine.
Mode-Movie
Contrast-80
Brightness-54
Sharpness-59
Colour-50
Tint-50
Colour tone warm 1
Backlight 4
Detailed
Black adjust-off
Dynamic contrast-off
Gamma-0
White Bal-all 15
Colour control- all 15
Edge enhancement off
Colour space-wide
xvYcc-off
More
Size-just scan
Digital NR-off

in set up
Energy saving-low
HDMI black level-low.

The white balance and colour control you may feel like playing around with.

I used the DVE calibration disc and sharpness actually came out at 0, any more and things got 'edgey'. I also had some slight Scart banding, but turning DNR to auto eliminated this.

Tigers

I just used the THX optimizer, so not an exact science, and no blue filter glasses. I have thought about buying the DVE blu ray but wondered how much i can really get out of it?

Canky99

Hello all,

I have been happily using this tv for over a year now using Silver Serpents original settings (page 1 of original thread). I have recently got Sky HD and, again using Silver Serpent's settings, I was very happy with the picture BUT for some reason the Sky remote control wa playing up. Sometimes it was fine and the response time was excellent (you could point it anywhere in the room and it would work) but most of the time it was a nightmare! even if you pointed it directly at the box and went quite close to it you would either have to push the button quite hard or press it several times before it would respond. As you could imagine this was getting very frustrating, especially when scrolling through the sky menus etc.

We phoned Sky and they said this was a common problem with LCD tvs and that if we change the backlight setting so that it is on maximum all will be fine. They were right but as I tried, severl million times, to explain to my wife this answer is unacceptable; the remote works fine now but the picture is....wrong! The settings I had were finely tuned and to change the backlight setting from 1 to 7 (which is the lowest it will go before the remote stops working again) is ridiculous.

Has anybody else had this problem?

I suppose what I really want to know is, is there any other way I can get over the 'slow response' thing without adjusting my backlight or if I have to adjust my backlight from 1 to 7 is there anything else I can change (brightness maybe?) to get the picture back to how I had it before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Wonker

Hi mate,

I have the exact same problem lately bought this tv over a year ago but only recently when i turn the tv on the sky remote is slow with my sky hd box.
I have my backlight on 3. I notice that after about 10 mins or so its fine though.
Annoying at first but i dont mind as its only a problem initially when switching it on.
Touch wood but i havent had a problem with this tv at all apart from this. Great tv!

Canky99

how do you get to adjust hdmi black level , this option is greyed on my set all the time

Depends what you have connected to it. Something to do with whether the equipment you are using supports RGB.

For instance ps3 has and some blu ray players (i believe)
but for sky hd for example will be greyed out because they dont support it.

im sure someone will explain this more technically than me but thats the jist of it

beaker656

Just a quick update to my post back in Jan, had Martin Dawes service engineer back yesterday, brand new screen and brand new main board. So aside from the bezel, speakers and power unit, a new TV:clap:.

Busy setting it up now and using the settings I had previously I can say my new screen is brighter then the one taken out, more uniform lighting and on the downside it would appear to be slightly more reflective / glossy. It's sat in the same position as before but I have to compensate for worse reflections now. So 16 months in still happy with my rebuilt TV.

x1nick

Does anyone actually have true 1:1 pixel mapping on this set from a computer input over hdmi?

I just can't get it to show all the pixels, talking like 3 out each side here.
Tried both ati and nvidia graphics cards so don't really know what to do??

andrewilley

Does anyone actually have true 1:1 pixel mapping on this set from a computer input over hdmi?

Works fine for me, I displayed a 1-pixel outline at the edge of the screen and it seemed to be visible on all sides. NVIDIA 7600GT card (erm, I think, it's at home!) into HDMI#2.

Andre

niallf

Standard Member
well my set definetiely has hdmi level greyed out when connected to sky hd box , in fact i dont think i could ever select this option on the settings

mozza666

Standard Member
Hi

I'm not sure is the correct place for this but i'm looking for some advise if possible.

Basically I have a Samsung 46 LCD, I'm pretty certain it's an M*^. Anyway, it has 2 HDMI on the back and 1 on the side. I have SKY HD and a PS3 both connected via HDMI on the back, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Elite and plugged it into the HDMI on the side, to no avail, it basically said no signal and would appear to only accept Anynet+ compliant devices, I tried turning it off in the config but it still didn't recognize the Xbox 360. The 360 however worked fine if I used one of the 2 HDMI from the back of the Samsung.

Anyway, is there anyway of using HDMI on the side or do i need to use a component connector. If I do will I still get HD @ 1080 P from whichever of my 3 devices I decided to plug in via component.

Any advice much appreciated

Craig

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
Hi

I'm not sure is the correct place for this but i'm looking for some advise if possible.

Basically I have a Samsung 46 LCD, I'm pretty certain it's an M*^. Anyway, it has 2 HDMI on the back and 1 on the side. I have SKY HD and a PS3 both connected via HDMI on the back, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Elite and plugged it into the HDMI on the side, to no avail, it basically said no signal and would appear to only accept Anynet+ compliant devices, I tried turning it off in the config but it still didn't recognize the Xbox 360. The 360 however worked fine if I used one of the 2 HDMI from the back of the Samsung.

Anyway, is there anyway of using HDMI on the side or do i need to use a component connector. If I do will I still get HD @ 1080 P from whichever of my 3 devices I decided to plug in via component.

Craig

I have SkyHD connected to the HMDI on the side of the TV and it works fine as far as I can see.
Is there any difference in the 3 HDMI sockets then?

mozza666

Standard Member
I have SkyHD connected to the HMDI on the side of the TV and it works fine as far as I can see.
Is there any difference in the 3 HDMI sockets then?

Nope, all of the HDMI look the same. I tried plugging the PS3 into the side HDMI but it didn't work either. I'll try the SKY HD box in the side one and see how I get on.

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
Nope, all of the HDMI look the same. I tried plugging the PS3 into the side HDMI but it didn't work either. I'll try the SKY HD box in the side one and see how I get on.

Sorry, what I meant was, is their meant to be any difference in the functionality of the 3 HDMI's sockets on M86's?

Canky99

Sorry, what I meant was, is their meant to be any difference in the functionality of the 3 HDMI's sockets on M86's?

yep ur right the only difference is when ur plugged into hdmi 2 you have an option of "home theatre" setting i believe which adjusts birghtnesss and that.

Canky99

Hi

Craig

sounds like you have a faulty hdmi slot. I would suggest ringing Samsung?

mozza666

Standard Member
Well I just tried all 3 devices, i.e. SKY HD, PS3 and 360 in the side slot and it didn't pick up a signal from any of them, very weird.

Anybody got a number for Samsung ?? No seriously, I mean it ?

x1nick

Bit of a odd one this, the led indicator on my tv use to be off while the screen was on.
Now when the tv is on (any source) its always illuminated red. but only after using the remote to change channel/volume etc 10 mins into viewing.

Whats going on here?

Tigers

It's always been on with my tv. I know some have a blue illuminated circle around the button, not sure how you get that.

x1nick

Not got a blue illuminated circle on mine.
Its bugging me that it keeps turning itself on, wondering if its like a warning fault light?

andrewilley

On mine, the red standby light is on while the set is in standby mode, and the light goes off when the set is in use.

Andre

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022