Samsung M86 1080p on PC INPUT

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by bobalog, Jan 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bobalog

bobalog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This problem is breaking my brain...

When using the above TV with a PC in the normal VGA input, the TV for some reason will not accept anything above a 1280 X something resolution. And the main problem is that it's a 4:3 aspect ratio. Which is really annoying as you can imagine.

Whenever i increase the output res on the PC to above 1280 X xxx then it comes up with "mode not supported". It also always lists the 1280 X xxx res when i press "info" on the TV remote, no matter what the PC is outputting.

For a long time, i was putting this down to the PC and the Graphics card, but have since tried this with a brand new PC and graphics card and the same problem happens.

I can't believe Samsung made the TV like this!!

Help!:lease:

2. rich__101

rich__101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. bobalog

bobalog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, it didn't have a DVI out (it was a lap top, and although the spec is decent, some of the bonuses such as DVI out were missing - this is not mine). And, i'd like to use this with an older PC, that can definitely handle the resolution, but only has a VGA out.

I know that it would be easy with an HDMI in, but it kind of makes the whole point of having a PC input pointless. In the manual it clearly says that you can use the right resolution, but for some reason it just won't accept anything above that 1280 4:30 thing.
    Hugely frustrating!

4. bobalog

bobalog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody else had this problem?