1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LW32A33WX

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by changed, Dec 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. changed

changed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    anybody have any experiance or reviews on this set? ive look everywhere but cant find anything.. any help appreciated

2. spergabite

spergabite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currys only sell it, its £2k, 15:9, HDMI, component and usual scarts - it was the first 32" lcd with hdmi but since been surpassed by the 32" toshiba 16:9. Not a bad picture but difficult to judge in Currys - I have gone for the Toshiba 32wl48

3. changed

changed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    atm the deal is...

£2099 with free 14" lcd portable (which i need).. a little surround sound system (which i dont really need)..

i basically have a 28" sony CRT and i dont want to get a smaller overall picture, so i reackon 32" is my minimum i can live with...

i dont really want to spend more than 2k, so if i go for lcd i think this is really all i can get... but i could go for plasma and happily get a 37"...

ohhhh i dunno.. to many choices

4. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had one of these and it developed a fault (any set can have faults so that in itself wouldn't put me off) but I had such a nightmare getting Currys to sort out a refund/replacement that I told them where to go and bought a Sharp 32GA4E instead for 2/3rds the price.

The Samsung was actually pretty damn good IMO - no fans, PC recognised it immediately as a 1280 x 768 resolution panel and used that without any buggering about with Powerstrip. IIRC it had VGA, DVI and HDMI inputs which would be really bloody usefull to still have on the Sharp but you can't have everything.

By the way - Currys are so badly organised that although they have refunded my set and cancelled my original credit agreement (I have documentation for both) I have had letters from them asking me to make arrangements for payment of the unit so they obviously still think I have it. MUPPETS!!!

Phil

5. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Changed, you said you have 28" CRT, a 32" LCD will give you a much bigger picture as with LCD/Plasma generally what you see is what you get screen wise.

With CRT, the actual visible screen size is usually quite a bit smaller, something around 25"/26"....A 28" or 30" LCD would still give you a bigger picture.

6. changed

changed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    got me tape out.... 32" widescreen is about 15mm higher than 28" CRT, so the way i was looking at it was in 4:3 mode i would still have the same size pic.. in widescreen would be bigger... what i was meaning was a 30" for example would in reality give me a shorter picture.. i could be talking crap of course!!

also 30" lcds look tiny imho

7. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    How's the samsung compare to the Sharp in terms of PQ? tech specs aren't as good on paper.

8. changed

changed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    looking around the Philips 32PF9976 seems to be a far more 're-viewed' set, with most peoples opinions being very good... and £1500 :rolleyes: leaving me with £600 to buy a 15"..cool

from looking at the samsung in store it looks good, im sure the deal is good for thiose who want it all, but i personally dont understand why there are no reviews around, and that wories me. so atm top of the list is the philips i think

9. jgrg

jgrg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Yes, there are a lot of LCD models that I've never seen a review for. Models from LG and Samsung don't seem to appear very often. Maybe their UK press offices aren't on the ball?

I didn't notice that this set has both DVI and HDMI connections - that is great.

James

10. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was quite a gap (time wise) between the Sharp and the Samsung so I couldn't really give you a comparison between the two that was in any way valid ...

Phil