1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LW32A33WX Review and Issues

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by LG Chet, Jan 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. LG Chet

LG Chet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I recently purchased the Samsung LW32A33WX from Dixons

Firstly can I say it's a great LCD with crystal clear quality picture and it looks excellent with a super build quality and it also comes with a stand that can be removed if you want to mount it on the wall. There is a quality speaker built into the bottom of the screen horizontally and is made by JBL. In terms of connections, It has 1 RGB Scart socket and 1 AV along with Component and Composite inputs and DVI/HDMI Inputs therefore future proof.

The only probs im having is ghosting of some images which seems to be happening on most LCDs? (is there any way around this?) and more significantly when watching Football or some fast moving images of people, their faces look strange almost like the image is trying to keep up with the movement but it cant therefore the persons face looks out of place.

I did have this issue on my plasma but it went away with usage, does the same happen with LCDs and does anyone have these issues?

Thanks

Chet

2. WonkyEwok

WonkyEwok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    LG Chet,

Sorry to hear about the ghosting - could it be to do with digital noise reduction (averaging successive frames)? You might try turning it off / down.

Does it say in your manual what resolutions and refresh rates can be accepted over DVI/HDMI? Could you confirm whether it does 720p/50Hz or not? That's what sky hd will apparently be using next year. From the foreign manual I found (quoted at http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176212 ) the LW32A33 doesn't do 720p/50.

Best wishes

3. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I was going to have an indepth look at this set today. My local retailer wants £2300!!!!! for it.

Thought I'd found it for £1525 delivered but they are out of stock.

Anyone know where I can get one online, reasonably? :rolleyes:

4. LG Chet

LG Chet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I thought this might be the prob, but I cant find an option to do this :(
    How can I find out?

5. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Hi all,

Managed to get a decent demo of this set now with a DVD. It looks as though the "ghosting" is an unfortunate trait of this panel as I could'nt get rid of it and neither could the salesperson.

There's no real DNR options but theres the DNIe which I turned off. This made the motion look a bit better but the ghosting trails were still there.

Hope I have more luck with my second Toshiba 32WL48 now as I'm picking it up tomorrow.