1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LW32A33W

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mozartkugel, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Mozartkugel

Mozartkugel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

the new Samsung LW32A33W seems to have the best connectivity within the 32''LCD's (Component, DVI, HDMI, VGA etc.).
    This set also seems to be a bargain with approx. 2400€ (with stand and zero dead pixel guarantee).
    Does anyone have experience with this set (picture quality etc.),

or is the Sharp 32GD1E eventually the better choice?

Thanks for your advice,

Mozartkugel :hiya:

2. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    not worth asking here dude that model is mostly available in europe, not UK
    I do believe the Uk version does have minor ghosting

3. Only777

Only777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Isn't the LW32A33W the currys exclusive model?

As far as i can see the LW32A23W is a better option, it's not only cheaper but has Dolby Digital, DTS and PL II decoding although doesn't have HDMI (is that really a problem?)

4. spedley

spedley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought an LW32A33W 6 months ago. I've found it to be a great TV with an excellent picture. The only point regrading ghosting is the DNIe system. This seems to greatly increase contrast with only drawback being dark areas retain the previous bright image. This is quite a minor point but worth checking in a shop before you buy - some people could not live with it.

I paid £2000 in Currys. They were the only retailer at the time but now I see it's going for £1400. If this TV goes under £1000 and you have the money you would be foolish not to buy one.

5. spedley

spedley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Following up from what I said last year, the TV is still running fine and I've now also got it connected to a PC.

I've had absolutely no problems with it and I'm still impressed with the picture quality (although it is only 18-bit - as opposed to 24-bit). With a PC the picture is excellent although I have not tried to get the DVI connector to work - Samsung say it is not PC compatable?
    My only regrets are that although it has 2 tuners and full PIP functionality they are analogue tuners and never get used (it is not even tuned in).

My annoying niggles are that if you disconnect the power supply you have to re-tune all the channels - what were you thinking Samsung?
    If the TV is on when no inputs are available it will turn itself off after about 5 seconds which is ok but it does not turn itself back on and then it makes you wait a few more seconds!
    If I turn the DVD player on, the TV automatically changes to that input but it does not do this for the PC input?

As you can see, nothing major just things I would have done differently and a bit of money wasted on some analogue tuners.