Samsung LW32A33W

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by masher, Jun 24, 2004.

1. masher

masher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone thought about the Samsung LW32A33W - this looks like a very good screen. Has every input imaginable, HDMI, DVI, Componenent (P and I), Scartx2 (1 RGB), S-Video and PC.

Functionality as good as the Philips, no wait (although only one retailer the moment).

Have not been able to compare side by side so anyone’s input would be appreciated. :)

2. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    There was one side by side to a Phillips 9975(30inch-75cm) LCD screen in dixons being fed the normal poor signal.

The asthetics of the samsung were better but the picture was poorer

But the blacks were good

I hope this helps

Azz

3. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    My general impression of the Samsung is that it is average. It appears to have a very pixelated image when compared to other leading brands.

4. zybbok

zybbok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the 26" model of this set LW26A33W the picture quality was terrible much worse than my 5 year old sony crt

I could not believe that samsung had launched a new model with such a poor picture quality via RGB SCART very pixelated image with judder and artifacts all over the screen

I returned mine for a refund

5. masher

masher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input all. I did see some not so good reviews on the 26inch, but the old 32w23 got some reasonable reviews. I did pop into my local dixons and they had one side by side with the old non pixel plus philips. The Samsung looked much better, more natural colour, better blackss and more detail. But again they were both being fed by a shered low quality feed so how can we really tell?? Would like one of the larger stores to stck one so I could do a real test.

May have to wait for Philips to re-release the 32pf9986 again.
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

6. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
  7. masher

masher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The wife would kill me if I got the Viera (Spurs supporter!!).

8. masher

masher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got to have a look at one of these at Curry's. Refresh rates looked good - no trailing/smearing even on a low quality analogue feed of the tennis. Black levels also looked good. But, the quality of the feed just made it, and all the other screens look bad. Need to see it with a half decent feed, may have to take my portable DVD in.
    If anyone else has any experience with this screen I would love to hear from you.
    Cheers Mash :)