Samsung LW32A33W - why only in Currys?

cerebros

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Why does Currys seem to be the only place with this set? At the moment I'm looking at either this or the new Toshiba, but can't seem to find any reviews or user views on the Sammy... And if it's Curry's only, the Samsung isn't too tempting a prospect at over £1k more than the Tosh, despite having DVI & HDMI...

I saw it in Currys in Cribbs Causeway for £2k, so not sure it is a grand more than Toshiba: also seemed to have DVI but not hdmi. Only drawback for me was lack of integrated freeview. But I haven't seen it anywhere else, but this might well change (doubt whether Currys have an exclusive). It is between this and the Sharp at the moment for me.

No, the 32"definitely has DVI & HDMI. The 26" is the one that only has DVI.

As for the price, in the local Currys they seem to be selling the screen in a bundle with some nasty el cheapo home cinema thing which is probably bumping the price up. Just had a look on Currys website and it's £1999 there which starts to make it more favourable than the Tosh again... Just wish there were more views & reviews about on its performance...

The model you mention is the previous version; it can go got quite easily and cheaply now (its the one that appeared in the ad with Jensen Button). The new 32" is all black with a silver base, same as 26" version; it isn't on the Samsung website yet (what are they paid for?) but I have seen it in Currys.

AlanDL said:
The new 32" is all black with a silver base, same as 26" version; it isn't on the Samsung website yet (what are they paid for?) but I have seen it in Currys.

Yeah, I still find it odd that it's been in Currys for what must be at least a month and a half now, yet it's still not on their website, despite the 26" being in stores the same amount of time and being up there. I'm wondering if Currys have done some exclusivity deal to be sole suppliers for the first few months of release... I know that a few years back manufacturers who did that typically didn't display the products on their websites

Hiya

Currys got exclusivity for a year on a number of Samsung LCD's, which gave them another SCART or Composite inputs/outputs or a free wall bracket in the box. This means that the unit is exclusive to Currys for the year.

You will never find details of exclusive models on most manufaturer web sites, as this is part of the exclusivity agreement.

I used to be Assistant Product Manager of Large Flat Panel TVs at Currys until two months ago, and saw most of this range last year!

Hope this helps!

Spuddie :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom