1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LW-26A33W pros and cons?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Zagge, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Zagge

Zagge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I am about to purchase 26'' Samsung LW-26A33W LCD TV and would be very interested in hearing about positive or negative user experience, especially:

- Quality of analog tv picture, ghosting, lip sync or other problems with picture quality? The 32'' model seems to have problem with ghosting.
    - Any noise from the set, humming or whining? Toshiba seems to have this.
    - Any other issues to be concerned about?

BR
    Zag

2. diddyg

diddyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had one for about 3 months now and am fairly happy with it. I have not noticed any ghosting or other picture distortions althought the fact that it is a 15:9 and not 16:9 means that it misses out the very edge of widescreens pictures which is really silly. I am using the DVI input from a Samsung DVD player and the picture quality is very good (upgraded the cable though). I do not watch regular TV so I don't know how that would like though. If you are watching DVDs though IMHO it is better to switch off the DNIE picture enhancer because it makes the pictures worse.

There is no audible hum from this set and the front speaker it has works well if you choose the right output setting.

I have an intermittant problem with lip synching but I am not sure if the DVD player or the TV are at fault yet....maybe both!

Overall - good telly!

D

3. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Interested in one also, does it miss the top or sides or both?!
    even if it does, does or can it fill the screen so no letterbox type thing?
    cheers

4. diddyg

diddyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the edges that get clipped as far as I can tell (and it would make sense with the ratio). Depending on the source, there are instances where there is some letterboxing with a black strip top and bottom but I have heard that people watching sports particularly miss out on parts of the screen.

When the source is one of the other formats like 21:9 then I don't think you lose anything because the screen adapts to this format.

D

5. Halo

Halo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 32" model which is excellent. I have no problems with the set. I only use DNIE when watching CGI films like Monsters Inc, Shrek etc as the sharpness and contrast are great but I dont use it on reglular broadcasting though.