• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LNT5265F Weak or No Signal

dkusleika

Standard Member
I recently built an ASRock H67M-GE/HT with a Sandy Bridge processor running Win7 Home Premium. I connect its HDMI to the HMDI1 port of a Harmon Kardon AVR247. The HK is connected via Component Cables to the Samsung LCD TV.

When I connect the htpc directly to the HDMI input of the Samsung, it works fine. When I connect through the HK, I get "Weak or No Signal". The HK manual says that 1080i signals are passed through to the Component Video Outputs. I'm pretty sure that I need to get the htpc to output the right signal.

I go to the graphics properties in Windows and in Advanced Properties there are about 100 choices for output signals. They look like

1920 x 1080, True Color, 59Hz

The resolutions vary, the color is True, High, 256 and a few others, the Hz are 29, 30, 59 or 60 and occasionally it says "(Interlaced)" at the end.

I tried every 1080 interlaced and every 720 and no luck. Any pointers on what to try next? I'm OK if the answer is buy a new AVR, but if that's your answer, a suggestion will be appreciated.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I did not think any AVR can convert HDMI to component. I believe it is some copyright issue so can not be done with any AVR. I think what you are reading is that the amp can handle 1080i on component into and out of the reciever, not that it can down convert a 1080i signal from HDMI to component. Hence even a new reciever will not do this. You can buy video processors that can do this but not AV recievers.

dkusleika

Standard Member
My DVD player (cheap Sony - don't know model) connects to HDMI2 on the AVR247 and shows up on the Samsung as long as I have it set to output 720p. So I don't think it's an HDMI to Component issue.

When I originally got that DVD Player, I got the same "Weak or No Signal" message until I changed its output from 1080 to 720.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom