Samsung LN-S3296D & Sharp LC-32D50U

J

JDMP10

Hey guys, I am from the US and I searched for both of these models on this site and couldnt find any info on them. They could be different model numbers in the UK.

Anyway, I am in the market for a 32" LCD TV and these two models are each brands flagship 32" LCD TV's. Both have very attractive features but no one locally sells these particular models. They sell the older model's of each brand but both models are very new especially the Samsung which was just released this month in the US.

The Samsung has the highest contrast ratio ive seen in any size LCD at 6000:1, also has a 8ms response time and 178* by 178* viewing angle which is 8* more then the standard 720p LCD TV whether its this size or any other. The Sharp has a 1200:1 Contrast ratio with a 176* by 176* viewing angle, but I believe has the fastest response time of any LCD TV on the market of any size at 6ms. Sharp being one of the leaders in LCD technology, it doesnt surprise me that they would be the first to achieve such a fast repsonse time.

Sharp doesnt advertise there color output like Samsung does, Samsung on there newer more higher model LCD TV's uses there proprietary 10 bit pricessor achieving 12.8 billion colors.

I have also looked into the Sony KDL-V32XBR1 which is Sony's flagship 32" LCD TV. That is the only model I have seen in person as its a bit older then the two previous mentioned models. Its also the priciest of these three and im not sure if that price is justified. I have always loved Sharp products and recently Sony hasnt been putting out high quality products like they used to years ago.

I was wondering if anyone on this board has any experience with any of these three TV's. Any feedback good or bad would help in my decision of which TV to get. I have searched the internet for reviews on the Samsung and Sharp but nothing turned up on either one. There are reviews for the Sony but they are mixed. Some loved it and others not so much.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom